Chapter 8

The next day at school, all of the kids laughed at me. Even my so called best friend, Laura, who thought she had to do what everyone else was doing. I couldn't go through one class without someone throwing a crumbled up paper at me. I was sent to the principle's office three times for running out of class.
Before recess, Art showed up at my school. He went to the principle's office, for some reason.
"Oh, no." I whispered to myself. Art was going to tell the principle everything, and I was going to be laughed at even more, well, at least that's what I thought, until someone started speaking in the principle's mic. Art, I thought.

"This is Jennifer Robbins' brother, Art.
I'm speaking because of the kids making
fun of her for being a Christian. Well,
I have something to say about that.
Yesterday, I accepted Jesus Christ
as my personal Lord and Savior.
I don't care if there are rumors about
me, I don't even care if it gets back to
my school. But I do care if you're making
fun of my sister because she loves Jesus.
All of you are going to stop making fun
of her and laughing at her, or I'll have the
principle call your parents and tell them what
you've done, and how you've been treating
Jennifer. That's all. Later. Wait, how do you
turn this thing off?"

"Release that button." I heard the principle say.
That's not what I was expecting. I didn't want him to lie about being a Christian just so kids wouldn't make fun of me. I guess I'd be talking to him about that at home, but I still didn't understand. Why would he do this, for me? If I knew Art, he would never do something like this for anyone, not even mom.

Through out the rest of the day, no one laughed at me, no one called me names, and no one threw crumbled up paper at the back of my head. I was really surprised, more at the kids in my school than at Art. I didn't think Art could stop them, but I guess I thought wrong.
**
A/N
Sorry for the short chapter.
The next chapter will be longer.
Thanks for reading!
Be sure to vote and comment what
you think about this chapter!
Thanks!