The One Where They Talk

An hour passed with them not talking, they only glared at one another occasionally. Suddenly, Sebastien slowly moved his position so that he was laying down.

Nina looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"You can see the stars from here." He answered as he looked up.

She followed his gaze and looked dumbfounded at the ceiling that clearly needed a new paint job. There were no stars.

"Dumbie." He laughed lightly. "I'm laying down because I am going to take a nap." His eyes closed shut. "To make the time go by faster."

Nina clenched her fists in annoyance. "Has anyone ever told you that you're extremely rude?"

"No, has anyone ever told you that you're a total brat?"

"I am not."

"I have only known you for about 2 hours-"

"That doesn't mean you know me." She interrupted him.

Sebastien remained laying down with his eyes closed. "Then what are you like, princess?"

She bite down on her lip, knowing that it was useless to tell him to stop calling her that. Nina removed her jacket and neatly placed it on her lap, thoughts twirled in her mind. She didn't know how to describe herself.

"I like green tea ice cream." She finally said.

"Wow, you're so exotic." He sarcastically replied in a monotone voice.

"Fine." She crossed her arms over her chest and began to pout. "What's so great about you then?"

He let out a sigh and moved his hands so that they were placed nicely on his stomach. "Please don't tell me you're pouting."

She moved her lip so that she wasn't anymore. "Answer the question."

"First and foremost, my name is Sebastien Leo Everton. I have an older sister who lives in Indiana, my parents are biologists and technically live in the tropics. I hate my job-"

"Who would've thought." Nina mumbled under her breath.

"Screw you." Sebastien told her. "Besides, the ridiculous pizza suit my boss hates me."

Nina rolled her eyes at his insult. "Isn't closing down anyway?" She asked, recalling the closing down sign that was plastered on the windows

He nodded. "Besides that job I'm also working at a coffee shop down the street and I also work as a waiter."

She looked at him weirdly.

 "I'm only working at those jobs because I'm saving up money." He told her.

"For what?" Nina questioned.

Sebastien's eyes fluttered, he slowly sat up and leaned up against the elevator wall to face Nina. He was hesitant to answer. "I want to get my wife back."

Her eyes grew large, she didn't think that he would be married but she knew that she shouldn't judge so she didn't say anything.

It was silent for a while until Sebastien began to chuckle quietly.

"Why are you laughing?" Nina looked at him weirdly.

"I was totally kidding. I'm actually a writer."

Nina shook her head at his lie but didn't say anything, waiting for him to say more.

"Most of my works have been turned down about a thousand times." He told her in a sad tone. Sebastien shook his head, trying to get the negative thoughts out of his head. "But persistence is key so I'm trying to save up enough money so that I can travel around America to to get at least one of my books published."