Chapter 1

"Elliot! Can you grab that last box?" I scream from inside my new apartment.

"Yeah, just let me finish eating this chocolate candy bar." She says as she takes a huge bite out of it. I just laugh and I place down the box I'm holding onto the floor of my apartment. This apartment place is actually very nice, big but nice. As Elliot walks into my apartment and closes the door she drops the box and plops down on my couch.

"Don't think you're done." I grab a box off the floor, "You also said you'd help me unpack." As I walk into my bedroom I hear a loud groan and I laugh. Soon enough she follows me into my bedroom and we start to unpack stuff out of the boxes.

"What do I do with thissss." She laughs grabbing very revealing panties.

"Bakaaa." I yell but laugh at the same time. I tackle her trying to get them back when suddenly I hear a knock on my door. Both of us standing up we both walk out of my room and into the living room, but me to the door. "Hello?" I ask opening the door.

"Hi! You must be my new neighbor, my name's Emi and I wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood." This girl Emi says with a big smile on her face, I have to say it'll be nice to have friends around.

"My name's Riley but you can call me Ry." I stick my hand out for her to shake it. "Oh and my friend in here her name is Elliot she lives like right next door, she's lived here for a while so that's how I came to be here. Oh and you can come in, but theirs still boxes everywhere." 

Emi steps into my apartment and avoiding the boxes she sits down on the couch next to Elliot. "Oh yeah, I've seen you around here." She smiles. "Didn't your parents recently move out?"

"Yup, so just me in that room and now my best friend next to me." She says winking.

"So, Ry and Elliot you guys have jobs?"

"I actually just got accepted to work for a company that takes calls from stupid people that don't know how to read a manual." I say sighing.

"I feel you, I work there too." Emi says sighing along with me.

"Is it really that bad?" Elliot asks.

"Yes." Emi replies.

After a while of talking we all get to know Emi and Emi gets to know us. We learn that Emi lives right across from me and that work is basically a living hell. Also me and Emi learned that Elliot got a job at MgRonalds nearby. Weirdly it looks like Emi cringed at that but my mind must be playing tricks on me. Around dinner time Emi leaves and so does Elliot leaving me with only a few boxes left. I look down to a box and look for what I labeled it as. After turning the box at least 5 times I realize it says photos. Quickly I open the box and the first photo I see is a picture of me and Elliot in front of The Statue Of Liberty from the time we went on a week long trip to New York, New York. After placing that on the table near the door the next picture is a picture of my old dog Bandit, a white highland terrier.

At least 30 minutes of going through photos and placing them in different places I finally finish. I realize quickly that I have no food and I should go get some tomorrow after work. Wait I have work tomorrow.

Yay.

So instead of dinner I head to my bed and collapse in it and let the bed indulge me.

I stare at the ceiling. A new house, a new friend, a new job, a new start. I sigh loudly and I take in everything.

Now all I need is a decent meal, I think as I drift off into sleep.