Chapter 2

I wake up to the sounds of my alarm going off on my phone. Groaning I manage to pull myself out of bed and luckily I don't fall on my face. I slide my phone to make the alarm go off and I go first to the shower.

Slowly it start to take off my clothes and I step into the shower. I turn the knob on the shower and cold water hits my face which wakes me up.

Soon enough I've finished in the shower and I go into my room the change. I grab a long sleeve navy blue sweater and then I go to the next drawer and I take out baby blue shorts. You gotta love early fall, nice enough weather for long sleeves and shorts. Opening the next draw I grab high waisted socks and I put them on along with boots.

With one last look in the mirror I grab my purse and I lock my apartment door and I'm out into the real world. Just as I close my door I see Emi stepping out of hers. I give her a smile and I walk over to her.

"Wanna grab breakfast before work?" I ask thinking about all the food places we passed by on the way to my apartment.

"Sure but anywhere but MgRonalds."

Thinking about it I don't think Emi likes MgRonalds. "How about the cafe like a block away from work?" I suggest.

"Works for me."

[ Time Skip to; Lunch Break ]

"I'm so hungryyyyy." I complain as I walk out of work to go somewhere for food.

"Ry, you literally had breakfast not that long ago, and you had 2 grilled cheese and brought a muffin with you."

"Fun Fact about me," I start to say to Emi as I wall aimlessly down the sidewalk. "I'm always hungry."

"Where are you going?" Emi asks me, she brought a lunch and said she sits at a table thing they have outside for them.

"Where my feet take me!" I yell back still walking aimlessly.

After walking by a couple of stores I stop my feet and I end up in front of MgRonalds. I grab my phone out of my pocket and I have 20 minutes left. Pushing the doors open the smell of food hits my nose and I make a b-line to the cash register.

"Hi Ry!" I hear, I look up and realize it's Elliot. "What can I get for you today?"

"Hey El, just a bacon cheese burger and fries."

"Ok, that'll be 5.45$."

I grab my purse and I grab a 10 out. "Keep the change." I say as I lean against the wall. "So how's the job?"

"Slow but good. How about yours?"

"I swear people don't know how to read a manual, and half the people I talk to either talk to loud or talk like I'm the one who isn't understanding them!"

"God, I'm suddenly happy I work here."

"Bacon cheeseburger and fries!" I suddenly hear from the other end of the counter. I walk over and grab my food.

"Hey Ry, it's our break now I'll come sit with you." El days hopping off the counter. We both go to a booth because we both know the booths are always the best place to sit.

"So are you the only one who works here?" I ask looking around to see the place is empty.

"No, there's a guy named Sadao Maou who's my shift manager and a girl named Chiho that looks 16. But she's all over Sadao whenever he's around she puffs her chest." She laughs. "I hope she knows it'll never work out."

( AN// You guys are 18 just finished high school yadauadayada, ignore the wired complications )

"Sounds chaotic." I pop a fry into my mouth. "But not as chaotic as my work." I sigh and I take a bite out off my burger.

After we both finish the meal I start to head back to work. Just 4 more hours Riley you can do it.

[ Time Skip to; after work ]

"My head is going to explode I wanna rip those peoples heads off." I say imitating crushing a head.

"Calm down, but then again I'm not gonna lie it doesn't get better." Emi complains. "So what you gonna do now?" She asks as she pulls on a shirt.

"I have to go out to get food unless I want to live off of fast food for the rest of my life."

 "Then I suggest you leave now before it gets dark."

"That's the plan." I say as I grab my purse and I start to walk away. "Bye Emi! Maybe I'll see you over the weekend." I call as I realize it's Friday. Thank God I started work today.

I walk out of the building and as I step out a person on a bike rides by so quickly I'm startled and I fall back on my butt. "Ow..." I mutter as I try to stand up but the bike comes back and I fall again.

"Oh god I'm so sorry." The person says as I hear the bike hit the ground. I open my eyes and I see a tall male with black hair and red eyes in front of me sticking his hand out. I hesitate for a second but I grab his hand and he helps me  up. "I'm sorry I'm late from work and I was going fast, but I'm still late so I mean now what's the point?" He says smiling and laughing.

"It's fine I should've been watching where I was going." I smile back as I wipe the dirt off my legs.

"No really it's my fault, say what why not you come to my house for dinner. I mean I already have people coming over so it won't be a bother." He nicely suggest. I stand there for a minute, I meet a stranger who almost runs me over with a bike and now I'm being invited to his house. For all I know he could be an axe murderer. But then again food and its getting dark out. Well worse comes to qorse I do have pepper spray.

"Ok, fine but don't try anything!" I warn him.

"I won't I promise get on the pegs." He says pointing to the pegs on the back of the bike. I get on one and my other foot gets on the other one. Just as I get a hang of what I'm doing he takes off. I quickly grab onto him, I don't mean to but I mean how else am I gonna hold on. Cold air hits my face as we continue down the road, slowly I let go of him and I'm holding only onto his shoulders and my eyes are open. Then out of no where he turns the bike and I wrap my arms around him again, but this time I swear I hear him chuckle. "We're here." I open my eyes and I see that we're in front of small apartment buildings.

"You know I don't even know you're name." I say stepping off the bike.

"It's Sadao Maou." He says smiling.

"Ohh I've heard of you, you work at MgRonals, my name's Riley."

"Ah, well Riley let's go inside for dinner."