Best Friends

Dan's pov:

Dan woke up and got ready. He walked into the kitchen, surprised that Phil wasn't there. "Phil?", he said, not that loud because he didn't want to wake him if he was still asleep. No answer. He decided to eat cereal alone this morning as Phil had probably had a bad night of sleep. As he was pouring milk into the bowl, he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He quickly turned around to see the bright blue eyes he loved so much. "You scared me, Phil", Dan said, "if you make coffee, I can make you cereal if you want". Phil nodded and smiled.

After a few minutes they were sat on the couch in front of the tv. They were going to watch an anime, like every morning, but before he turned on the tv he said: "Phil? Is there something wrong? You're never this quiet". Phil looked at him. "Dan, what am I to you?", he asked. "What do you mean?", Dan asked. "What do you see me as?", he replied. Dan thought about the question for a few seconds. "Well, you're my best friend, if that's what you mean" Dan said, "why do you ask?". "No reason", Phil said. Dan gave him a weird look and turned on the tv.

Phil's pov:

Phil woke up later than usual this morning. When he went into the kitchen, he saw Dan making cereal. He looked really good today.

When they sat down, Phil thought about what he had done that night, he had watched all phil is not on fire videos. When he watched the first one he noticed the brightness in his eyes. How he had thought of Dan to be more than his friend.

In the other pinof videos, the way Dan looked at him, he just couldn't stop watching it. He asked him what he meant to Dan this morning. He said they were best friends. Had he really thought of him like that from the beginning?

Dan's pov:

Dan couldn't keep his thoughts on the anime, he thought about Phil's question. He remembered when they first met, he was so in love, still, he just tried not to think of Phil like that. But now this question, could it be?

Phil's pov:

He just didn't get it, how can you look at someone like that and just see them as a friend? He didn't want to go on like this, he couldn't go on like this.

Dan's pov:

Something's really wrong with Phil, he acted weird. He had to go talk to him.

Dan went to Phil's room, where he saw Phil on his laptop with headphones on. Wait.. Was he watching the deleted scenes of the first phil is not on fire video? Why does he still have that?

"Phil?", Dan said, loud enough for Phil to hear even when wearing headphones. He turned around and took off his headphones. He shut his laptop. "Yes, Dan?", Phil replied. "You have to tell me what's wrong", Dan said. "What do you mean? Everything is fine, Dan", he said, while he got up and walked into the kitchen. Dan walked after him. "Phil please don't walk away, you can tell me, come on", Dan said. Phil got a glass of water and wanted to walk away again. Dan grabbed Phil's shoulders and sofly pushed him against the kitchen counter, not wanting to hurt him.

"Dan, please, just let me go, nothing's wrong", Phil said. Dan saw tears appearing in Phil's eyes. Dan grabbed the glass and put it down. He hugged Phil. Phil leaned his head onto Dan's shoulder. Dan noticed he was shaking. "Phil, please tell me what's going on", Dan said in a gentle voice. Phil pulled back and looked Dan in the eyes. "Dan, I don't want to be your best friend", he said. Dan began to wonder if he had done something wrong. "But... Why not?", he asked. "I... I want to be more than that", Phil said. Dan looked at Phil like he was still trying to understand what he said. "Who says best friends can't be romantic?", Dan asked as he put his hands around Phil's face. He pressed a soft kiss on Phil's lips. He smiled as Dan wiped away Phil's tears with his thumbs. "You will always be my best friend, Phil"

{A/N} i know this is not really how pov's work but I thought it would be clearer this way. Thanks for reading!