An awkward beginning.

We sit awkwardly looking at eachother. "Tell me about you" Ebonie says suddenly. "Well. I'm 16, I was born in Brisbane and moved to New South Wales when I was 5. I'm a dropout."
"And your sexuality?" She asks in a teasing tone.
"Straight!" I say sharply back at her.
"Oh really? Because Yknow, the dreads and all" she says moving closer the the edge of the bed.
"Well I've had boyfriends" I say, trying to prove myself.
"And you've never thought about a girl?" She asks as she slowly stands up.
"I don't think so" I mutter trying not to look at her as she steps closer to me.
"Get up" Ebonie orders me. I sit and keep my attention on the floor.
"I said get up" the tone in her voice frightens me and I look up into her eyes. They're a bright blue against her dark eyeliner. She sighs loudly and grabs each side of my face with her hands. She gently, but firmly, pulls me to standing. I look down at her, confused, with her hands still caressing me face. "What are you doi-" I begin.
"Please shut up" she manages to say before standing on her toes and kissing me softly. She slowly pulls away slightly before kissing me again. I try to pull away but I admit, it feels good. I place my hands on her waist and kiss her back. Just as we settle into a rhythm the door swings open. We jump backwards from eachother as one of her cell mates lets out a loud gasp. She drops her pack in shock. "What the fuck are you doing?!" She yells. "That's disgusting! Who is she? Get her out of our cell!" She screams in fury. Ebonie and I remain silent and I walk towards the door. The other cell mate blocks my exit. "I'm leaving?" I say with an attitude. She glares at me and screws up her face. "You filthy dyke" she spits. I hear a loud thwack. A few seconds later the side of my fave starts tingling with pain and I realise what had happened. She pushes me out the door and slams it shut. I walk across to my room with a stinging cheek. The girl who was crying has fallen asleep and the room is otherwise empty. I sit of the spare bottom bunk and allow a tear to roll down my cheek. It burns, but not as much as my mind does. My head is spinning with thoughts and questions. Did that really just happen? Am I actually straight? Did I like that?!
I sit in awe and allow the pain to slowly drain from my face. My contemplation is interrupted by Annie. She struggles to knock on the door with her arms full of plastic bags. She drops them on the floor and looks up at me. "Each cell mate gets 1 pack. Make sure the other girls get one. If you are caught with more than what you have been given you'll probably get a strike. The contents of the packs are fairly simple to understand.- a tooth brush, bandaids, a comb. You get the picture." She leaves the room and I collect a pack from the pile on the floor. In attempt to distract myself I place a pack on each of the other girl's beds. I'm just about to sit back down when the bell goes for dinner.