Chapter eleven

So .......... It's been a while eh?

I'm not even going to begin to explain how it is over six months since I even came into wattpad because there really isn't anything spectacular

Life just got in the way! However If anyone, anyone at all is still interested or would like to start reading I am promising I will try better from now on !

We have at least four more chapters stores away and are both writing every chance we get so the updates should be more frequent now :)

Please as always if you feel like it, vote and comment it would give us both a well needed boost to carry on

anyway here goes :)

HUDSON 

I impatiently tapped my fingers on the dash as I sat in the car, waiting for Gracie to finish debating. Every Monday and Thursday after school, Gracie stayed behind for an extra hour to debate and I waited in her car. I had tried a couple of times to sit in and watch her, but frankly she scared the crap out of me. My Gracie was this sweet innocent girl with a funny accent, but that Gracie was argumentative, stubborn and really quite frightening. I had never told her how I felt because, as confident as she was, I didn't want to risk causing her any insecurity.

While I didn't mind waiting for Gracie, there was a downside. From where the car was parked, I had a perfect view of the football team's nightly practice, and after spending two nights per week watching them, I eventually got to know their routines and most of their plays. I could almost read the coach's lips as he roared from the sidelines.

And their team sucked. They had terrible form, their players were unfit and they had no trust in each other. However, these were the very same guys who would be picked for the top scholarships within the next few months, not because of their ability or how dedicated they were (and they had no dedication, on that day alone there were six absent), no, because their dads knew other dads, who knew the deans of the top sporting colleges of the state. Nothing gets in the way of a dad with a dream.

Watching these guys always brought about the odd pang of pain and resentment, something I always felt when thinking about football. Just thinking of these guys taking the place of someone who was better, who deserved it more, who would work harder, killed me. They were taking what would have been my spot, what should have been my spot. 

Gracie wasn't crazy. It wasn't her idea to park in front of the field. The very first day at this new school, when I had retreated to the car to wait for her, I had seen them practice for the first time. Gracie found me an hour later crying like an idiot in the car, whining about how it wasn't fair. She had offered to park somewhere else in future, but I refused. Gracie was the only person I had ever let see me like that; not even Daniel had ever witnessed me being such a pussy. I didn't want Gracie to pity me. I had lost all my old friends to pity- I couldn't lose her, too. I pulled myself together, reminding myself that it wasn't her fault. It was his fault, the guy that had rammed into me and shattered my spine in six places, leaving me stuck in a chair for who knows how long. The very same guy that was spineless enough to then run off, leaving me unconscious and broken. 

The opening of the car door quickly brought me back to reality.

"Hey there," Gracie chirped, wasting no time in starting the car.

"Hey," I grinned back. Her smile was infectious. It was close to impossible to feel down around her, since she was always so freakishly happy. "How was debating?"

"It was amazing," she gushed. "Holly hadn't done last week's research, so I totally kicked her ass."

I laughed at her as she pulled the car out of the car park and onto the road. "That's my girl," I smirked, patting her knee.