Awkward Silence

*Unedited before I made changes*

Well, I know this may be unbelievable. According to my life's doubt's and beliefs. Real is what the human race is....and so are.....Vampires.

-Dreams are like reality but in reality they are nightmares.

-Nyjhia Stokes

"Avery Dawson?" The teacher called, doing the morning role. "Here!" I said, raising my hand.

Gosh, I still couldn't believe school was just starting. It seems like yesterday we were just enjoying the summer's heat and now today we're back in our classroom seats.

Summer seemed more like a weekend, than it's natural, out of school celebration. I just still couldn't believe we were back already, although, I do miss being here, since I was so eager to learn.

After a long while of, "Here!" and "Present!", everyone got settled and started working while the teacher started teaching.

"Pst, Avery." Rachel whispered, tapping on my shoulder.

"What?" I answered, in a whisper.

"I'm bored." She blurted.

"Me too." I agreed.

Rachel was my best friend, she's always been there for me even when no one else was (Of course). She's was doing pretty well for herself, not only because she was a blonde with yellow/green eyes and was built like a cheerleader, well, that's because she was a cheerleader. Head, to be exact. She was no bully but no one dared crossed her path or they'll have to deal with her squad and, of course, mines.

I was kinda like that girl on the debate team, except, I wasn't. I was just really smart and focused. That made me kinda preppy but a bit of a nerd at the same time.

I heard a bag rattling, breaking into my train of thoughts.

It was Rachel opening her bag of chips stuffed inside of her back pack.

"Want some?" She asked.

"What kind?" I asked over my shoulder.

"Hot." She answered.

"No thanks." I wasn't really into hot things. It was bad for my heart. I didn't have a condition, I just really hated the burning taste in my throat, leading to my stomach, which some how would end up to my nose making it run.

"More for me." Rachel shrugged, stuffing her mouth full of chips.

The teacher continued calling role while everyone passed notes behind her back, but once she turned around it was more of a, "We're learning!" and "I'm innocent, I swear!" type of lie.

All of a sudden there was a knock at the wide open door. There standing and waiting impatiently was a man dressed in a black suit with a red tie, holding a black brief case in his right hand, lowered to his leg.

"Oh hello." The teacher, Ms. Elvira said shocked, pushing her glasses up to her eyes.

"Megan Elvira?" The man said with a concerned expression.

His voice was deep.

"Ye-Yes that's me." She responded, nervously.

"Can you step into the hall for a moment?" The man asked.

"Uh-um sure." Ms. Elvira sat her marker down on the board holder. "Cla-class I'll be right back." She said, stepping out into the hall, before leaving the door cracked.