Last and Final Heart Beat

I even ran to my dresser to see if Logan left a note again.

He didn't.

But something was missing from my dresser....my eyeliner. The only person who could've took that was Derek. He always steals it just for his lame ass band rehearsal, which took place in a garage at his friend's house.

My window suddenly opened as Logan came crawling through it slowly.

I just stared at him. Something was definitely off.

Blood dripped from both corners of his mouth and his eyes were jet black.

"Oh my God, Logan." I said, running towards him.

"Stay away from me." He growled.

"MOM! DAD! HELP ME PLEASE!" I heard from downstairs.

Sounded like...Derek.

Even though I hoped death upon him, I most certainly didn't mean it. I ran down stairs in a split second.

"Derek, if you can just calm down and tell me what happened." Mom said, holding his hand tight.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked, curiously.

Dad handed me the phone with shaky hands. "Call the police."

"What happened?!" I asked again, suddenly my arm was in a tight grip from Derek, catching my attention.

"Th-There was bl-blood-and- a bo-boy, his h-hair match his ey-eyes. All black. HE KILLED THE-THEM!" Derek shouted, shaking as he released the grip he had on my now sore arms.

The moment he said All black was the moment realization came. I dropped the phone.

Flashbacks came flooding back into my mind. The black vomit, the killer headache, the loud stomach growls...the pain running through my neck. Pale skin...

"Oh my god." I said under my breath.

We all turned to the sound of creeks coming from the stairs, and down came Logan. "1 2 buckle my shoe, 3 4 you better lock the doors, 5 6 I'm mentally sick, 7 8 I made your family prey, 9 10 I'll come back again." Logan sung slowly as he walked down the stairs.

He sat on the last step and smiled.

"THA-THAT'S HIM!" Derek shouted, trying to get up but mom held him tight, assuring him he was safe.

I slowly reached for the phone I didn't mean to dramatically drop. Once it was in my hands again, I quickly dialed up Rachel's number.

"PUT DOWN THE PHONE AVERY!" Logan shouted.

I held my hands up, in surrender, as I slowly sat the phone on the table beside my leg.

"You're a MONSTER!" Derek shouted.

Robert pulled a mini gun from his back pocket and pointed it at Logan.

"And what are you planning to do with that?" Logan asked, amused.

"Sweetie? Where'd you get that?" Erica asked, through her teeth, trying not to draw too much attention to herself.

"Pawn shop." He simply answered. "Keep it with me just in case shit like this happens." He explained.

"What? Teen boys?" My mom asked.

"No. Break ins or robberies." My dad said, continuing to point the gun at Logan.

"S-so, what are you?" I asked nervously.

"What am I?! Pff! Don't act like you didn't know, you're the one who invited me in, and you know what they say, can't get in without an invitation...right?" He said with a smirk.