Chapter 3

--Lucas--

After hanging out at the pool and the almost-kiss incident, we dropped Max off at home. I missed him even though it was only 30 minutes. The more time I spend with him, the more I want. He's like a drug.

I decided to do something to take my mind off of Max. So I slept.

-

"Lucas! Wake up. I'm home!" My little brother Jordan said. He was at one of his friends house while Max was over.

He tugged on the covers but I just pulled them up further and snuggled my face into the comforter pretending that Max was laying there beside me.

"LUCIAN" he sang.

"Shut up and stop calling me that" I sighed. He was so annoying.

"Lucian, Lucian, Lucian, Lucian." He kept saying.

"Shut the f*ck up." I yelled. I got up and shoved Jordan out of my room.

"Mom!" I heard him yell from right outside the door.

Ugh. He's such a baby. He's in 5th grade like come on grow up already.

I got up and opened the curtains to let some light in my room and went on my phone and looked through all the pictures of Max that I had.

I was so bored.

-

--Max--

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I quickly switched off my alarm, not wanting to hear the ear piercing sound for a second longer. Honestly it wasn't that bad I was just tired. Sunday was spent on Netflix and sleeping.

I got up and eased my way to the shower. I was the laziest piece of sh*t ever in the morning so I woke up earlier than I needed to.

It was freezing cold but the hot water was relaxing.

I got out at about 8:10 feeling refreshed. I put on my favorite dark blue hoodie that I wore almost everyday and pulled on a pair of jeans. I had ten minutes left so I decided to actually have breakfast that morning. I poured some cereal into a bowl and added a little milk. Simple but satisfying.

Right when I finished eating, I heard a ding from my phone.

Lucas: almost there❤️

Another ding

Lucas: 🚗**

Max: those emojis aren't even close to each other. How did you mix them up.😂

Lucas: they're both red...

Now I just feel stupid.

I laughed and walked out of my house seeing the familiar gray car stop in the front.

I got in the car and sat down next to Lucas.

"How" I asked.

He shrugged. The rest of the car ride was filled with silence and secret stares.