Chapter 6

--Max--

I heard the sound of keys jiggling and the door opened. My eyes went wide and I jumped away from Lucas. This was a terrible idea. Lucas probably already regrets it. My mom walked into the room.

"Oh hi Lucas! Are you spending the night?"

"Yeah." He smiled. I silently picked up the blanket and went upstairs with Lucas following me.

We sat down on my bed and it was really awkward. I blankly stared at the wall.

"Oh my god, I can't take this." Lucas finally said and smashed our lips together.

I couldn't describe the feeling. It was better than words.

I moved closer to him and cupped his cheek. I can't believe he ended up making the first move. The girls are so gonna laugh at me.

Lucas deepened the kiss and came closer to me. I couldn't breathe and my heart was beating so fast, I bet he could hear it. We slowly pulled away and I looked at him shyly. His eyes were shining and his lips were pink from the kissing.

"So are you going to ask me out or am I gonna have to do that too?" He laughed.

"Well, willyougooutwithme?" I mumbled quickly.

"What? I can't hear you sorry." Lucas said, putting his hand to his ear.

"Will you, uh, go out with me. I mean it's totally fine if you-"

He broke me of with another kiss.

"I'll take that as a yes." I punched his shoulder lightly.

"You're adorable." He kissed my nose.

-

--Lucas--

I saw Max leaning in and I closed my eyes.

He suddenly jumped away and I was disappointed, but then I realized why. His mom walked into the room.

"Oh hi Lucas! Are you spending the night?"

"Yeah." I smiled and followed Max upstairs to his room. We sat down on the bed and he was making it super awkward.

Great, I thought. Just what I needed.

"Oh my god, I can't take this." I said. I got up and gave Max a huge long kiss. He kissed back and I felt sparks, no, fireworks. It sounded cliche but I don't  know how else to describe it.

We slowly pulled away. "So are you going to ask me out or am I gonna have to do that too?" I joked.

"Well, willyougooutwithme?" He asked.

"What? I can't hear you sorry." I lied.

"Will you, um, go out with me. I mean it's totally fine if you-"

I broke him off with a kiss.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said when we pulled apart.

"You're adorable." I kissed the tip of his nose.

He giggled. Yes, giggled.