Chapter 4

--Lucas--

I looked at the strazberry notebook.

Mango+Sana = mango salad
Sana likes mango

So...

Strazberry=  strawberry+raspberry
Lucas and _______ (Max somehow involved)

I closed the notebook and put in a drawer. This strazberry shit was kind of pissing me off. What was so important that they couldn't tell us?

Why were they shipping me with someone? We don't even talk to them or anything.

-

--Max--

It's been a few weeks since we found out that strazberry was a ship. Lucas and I have been listening to their conversations but we didn't get anything so far. There was no news about mango salad either, so we guessed that it wasn't that important but it was still good that we found out what it was so we could make the connection between that and strazberry.

I was currently in science and I saw Sana talking to Hayley, which was weird because they had their own little groups in this class.

They both sat down on the empty table next to the one I was in and started talking about something. I quickly got on my phone and started voice recording just in case I miss something and also so that I could show Lucas.

"Lucas really wants to know what it is." Sana said. "Have they asked you about it much?"

I assumed they were talking about strazberry.

"No. Strawberry has asked me a couple times but I was with Emma. I feel like they'll flip out if we tell them." Hayley said.

"I don't know, maybe. But I just know they like each other."

When Sana said that, it kind of pissed me off. Lucas does not like anyone! And if he does, it'd be me.

"Yeah. That's true. I ship it but I kind of still like strawberry."

Okay, so Lucas had to be strawberry since Hayley likes strawberry. It's not gonna be the girl they ship him with since I don't think she's lesbian or anything.

"You do!? Now I feel bad because you like him and then we're shipping him with raspberry and Emma hates him and I don't know... Maybe we shouldn't ship them and try getting them together."

"No. I can tell they like each other. We shouldn't give up because of me. If they really like each other we shouldn't give up, especially just if Emma hates raspberry."

Hold on. Did she just say Emma hates raspberry? Emma hates Lucas and I just thought Lucas was strawberry because Hayley liked strawberry. Strawberry was a guy. Raspberry was Lucas.

It was even worse than I thought. They were shipping Lucas with another guy that wasn't me. A guy that Hayley likes.

I was done with this strazberry shit. It was getting on my nerves. They had no right to ship anyone with him. They don't even talk!

I switched off the recording when Hayley and Sana went back to their seats.

I didn't bother lifting my head off the table. I stayed there, going over what I just heard. It hurt because I liked him so much.

...And I wished I could just disappear for a while.

-

--Lucas--