Chapter 5

--Max--

I was planning on going to school if I felt better in the morning, which I did. I got out of bed, took a shower and soon enough the car stopped in front of my house and I got in.

Lucas was being a little weird. I don't know how to explain it though. He wasn't distancing himself from me but he wasn't like usual. He seemed afraid, almost.

We reached school in about ten minutes and went to our own little groups. I didn't talk to Lucas and surprisingly didn't think of him much until science.

We didn't seem to be doing anything so I just got on my phone and out of nowhere Hayley and Sana appeared in front of my desk.

"Yeah?"

"We're going to tell you." Hayley said.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"Who the other guy is." She paused slightly.

"It's you." Sana said.

I was the guy they shipped Lucas with.
I was the guy Hayley liked.

I stayed silent for a while. The girls weren't expecting any words out of me. 

"How did you know?" I asked.

"You love him don't you?" Hayley asked. I could only imagine how hard it must be for her but she was smiling nonetheless.

"I-I don't know. I mean yeah I like him a lot but I'm not sure if I love him." I said. They nodded in understanding.

"Lucas likes you. He almost cried yesterday because he was afraid that you wouldn't like him back. That's why he asked us to tell you. He thought you would think he was weird or something." Sana said.

"How do I know you're not lying or trying to humiliate me in front of him." I asked. I always took the negative side of things just so I wouldn't be disappointed.

"If you see the way he looks at you, you would know we aren't lying."

I blushed and looked down.

"I don't wanna tell him. I get really nervous. I don't want to ruin our friendship either. It's fine if I can't have him the way I want but I wouldn't be able to take it if we were to not be friends anymore." I sighed.

"We understand. Lucas feels the same way, Max don't let that get to you." Hayley said.

"Thank you guys. I think I'll talk to him soon. Maybe Spanish because you and Emma are there?" I said.

"Okay." Sana said.

"Great now I'm nervous as hell."

"Don't be." Hayley smiled.

-

--Lucas--

They were telling him. Possibly right at this moment. It was killing me.

What if he really didn't like me?