Chapter 12

Ragnarok moved on all fours and was able to use his tail as a weapon thanks to the blade at the end of it and even with his wings, he was surprisingly agile, folding them back and keeping them close to his body as he moved. Osias shot at him with his guns, but all they did was fall to the ground after hitting the scales covering his skin. Every time that Ragnarok came close to anyone, Justin interfered, using his scythes to stop him while knocking him back by infusing parts of his body with his light magic and using them to strike at Ragnarok.

Ragnarok made a hissing sound at Justin and his eyes narrowed when he was hit, feeling the light magic radiating from Justin's body. Ragnarok charged at Justin, making an attempt to run him through with his horns. Justin grabbed the horns before they could hit him and was pushed back, the ground getting pushed up as he was forced back. The others tried to attack at Ragnarok, but he used his tail and arms to keep them away.

"Sorry about this Jason," Justin said as his eyes glowed white, feathered wings sprouting from his back and a halo appeared over his head. There was a burst of energy from his body and Ragnarok was launched backwards, landing on his back. "Don't forget that I can transform too."

Ragnarok got up and let out a loud inhuman roar, but it was cut short when a large rock hit his head. He barely flinched, but the rock shattered and he turned his head to see Lucas and Sam standing next to a boulder that was broken into chunks. Sam was already throwing another rock at him and he caught the rock in his mouth and broke it apart with his jaws, eating it.

"He ate the rock?!" Sam said, surprised as she got ready to throw another rock. She knew that it wasn't going to stop him, but all she needed to do was stall.

Ragnarok was about to charge at them when he was punched in the face by Porter, who was covered in his scale-like armor. Ragnarok growled as his eyes briefly glowed red and he grabbed Porter's fist before he could punch him again. A bone came up from his lower leg and out of his knee as he ran his knee into Porter's gut, the bone easily puncturing through the scale armor. Ragnarok kneed Porter several more times before a chain wrapped around his leg and pulled him back, making him drop Porter as he was dragged back towards Synn.

"Porter! Are you alright?" Justin asked as he checked on his friend.

Porter coughed up blood and held his hand against the wounds in his stomach, keeping himself from bleeding out. "I'll be fine!" Porter said.

Justin held his hands over his friend's stomach as a white aura covered them. The wounds slowly began to heal and Porter began to bleed less and less until they were completely healed. "Sam, Lucas, keep Porter out of the fight! Don't let him get near Jason!" Justin told them as he ran to help the others.

Justin found out where Ragnarok was when Ella crashed through the trees and landed nearby, the steel cables retracting back underneath her nails as she hit the ground. Justin saw a large three-headed snake striking at Ragnarok while Synn was swinging her hammers at him, connected to her chains. Kylan and Marie was helping her out as Kylan launched his blades at Ragnarok and Marie switched gems in her rapiers as she used different elements, blasting balls of fire or lightning strikes at him. Unfortunately, none of their attacks were doing much other than slowing him down.

"Cerberus! Burn him!" Synn ordered the snake. The middle head on the snake spewed white hot fire from its mouth directly at Ragnarok, who shielded his face. Justin could barely make out the shape of Ragnarok slowly walking forward as he approached the snake.

"That won't work on me," Ragnarok said calmly as he grabbed the middle head by the jaws and tore the bottom jaw off of the head before tearing the rest of the head from the body.

"CERBERUS!" Synn yelled as the snake began to dissolve into smoke, re-materializing on her arm as a tattoo, the head slowly starting to repair itself. Synn glared at Ragnarok. "You'll pay for that!"