Chapter 13

"What the hell happened in there?!" Justin asked his brother after spending half an hour getting an explanation for what had happened back in the arena.

"It hadn't happened for the past few months, I thought I'd be fine," Jason said.

Justin ran his hand through his hair. "It doesn't matter how long it's been since it happened, not being able to control your forms is a major problem!" he said. "You could've killed everyone!"

"I have control over Beowolf, just not the others," Jason said, Beowolf being his werewolf form. "I'm not sure why this is happening. I was able to control Ragnarok just fine before. I've never had a random transformation like that before."

"I don't care if you were able to control it before," Justin said. "I care that you lost control of it and tried to kill us all!"

"Yeah well...good thing the great Justin was there to take care of the demon then, huh?" Jason asked with a growl under his breath.

"Don't do that," Justin said.

"Hm? I don't know what you're talking about," Jason said.

"You know perfectly well what I'm talking about," Justin said. "That thing where you start going on about how everyone always hated you back home."

"It's true though...," Jason muttered. "After all, I'm the demon and you're the angel. Everyone always loves you."

"You know what? Maybe they would've liked you more if you hadn't-!" Justin stopped himself before he could continue talking. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, clearing his mind of the memory that had started to show up again. "Look, I'm sorry for they way you were treated back then, but I always tried to stand by your side. I still do, which is why my friends aren't trying to kill you right now. I told them it was just a fluke."

"...Thanks...," Jason said.

"I'm just looking out for my brother. It's what family does," Justin said. "Now then, I don't know what it is that's going on with you, but don't let it happen again. Do whatever you need to, but keep those guys under control. Got it?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "Fine," he said. "You know, we were lucky that it was just Ragnarok that I turned into and not the other guy."

"No kidding," Justin said. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Jason followed his brother as he left, but stopped. "Yeah, it'd be a shame for 'the other guy' to make an appearance, wouldn't it?" said a voice. Jason turned and saw his reflection in a mirror, but something was wrong. The reflection had glowing red eyes and his teeth were sharper that Jason's, one side of his body was covered in darkness. "Miss me?"

Jason walked up to the mirror. "Back off," he said quietly.

The reflection shook his head sadly. "Why the mean look," he said. "Do you not like me?"

"I hate you," Jason said. "You ruined my life once, I'm not letting it happen again."

The reflection smiled wide, showing off his fangs. "You think it's that simple?" he asked. "I'm a part of you. You can't keep denying me or you're going to start dealing with the repercussions. I believe you've already started to experience some of them."

Jason growled as he clenched his fists. "I will never let what happened back then happen again," he said. 

"Don't think you can ignore me." the reflection said. "I'll always be a part of you and there's nothing you can do to change that."