Truth

Pic of Creed and his yummy self.

Chapter 24

The moment my wolf recognized her mate, Creed's wolf surfaced and bounce back up charging at me. We both collided in a fierce embrace as our wolves tried to devour each other. We both fell apart as our wolves took over our body transforming. I struggled to regain control but my wolf overpowered me by laying claim on her mate. It has been so long since I've done a full transformation, my wolf was more feral than others. Both our wolves had started playing roughly knocking things over in the room that even alerted the guards standing outside my soundproof room.

The door opened and was quickly shut with both of our wolves growling at them. My wolf's white fur was a stark contrast to Creed's black fur. Creed tried jumping on my back but I twirled and nip and reverse the position. We continued to nip and rub against each other for the next several minutes before I was able to regain control and phase back into my human form. As soon as I turned, Creed followed suit.

We both stared at each other as we tried to get our heavy breathing under control. I knew that his wolf was trying to mark me, but even my wolf was not ready for that just yet. After the rejection from our first mate, she was not fully ready to give herself over.

"I knew it. I knew I felt your wolf." Creed's eyes roam over every inch of my nude skin and I was doing the same. I averted my eyes and shifted away from him, I need to calm my mind and focus. Ok, he was my mate, but it doesn't change anything. It can't. I won't allow it.

"Creed we need to talk about why I'm here. I'm not here to kill Celeste. You took it the wrong way. My employer wants her dead, but I don't know why. They sent me down here to make it look like I did it."

"Let me get this straight. They send you down here to spy and uncover some secret. But in reality, they were going to kill Celeste and pin the murder on you?" Creed didn't sound too convinced.

"Ding, ding, give the man a cookie."

Creed eyed me skeptically no longer glancing down at my body, but directly into my eyes. He definitely didn't believe me. "Why go through all of that?"

"To make sure her death does not get traced back to him. Look we don't have much time, I need to speak with Celeste."

"That's not going to happen. Let's say I believe your story. Colin won't let you ten feet near Celeste."

"Creed do you believe me?"

"I don't know Eva, you acting as a spy for the council seems farfetched. There is one way I will be able to tell if you are lying to me."

"What way is that?" I was willing to try almost anything to convince him. I need to get close to Celeste.

"Let me mark you." Aw hell no, anything but that.

"What! Are you crazy? No way? Okay, I will recognize that you are my mate, but I told you that I don't want one."

"Okay suit yourself. But know this, if I tell Colin your spy story, he will lock you up so fast, you will be lucky to get out of here by the summer." Creed went into the bathroom and open the small linen closet and grabbed a towel wrapping it around his waist. I followed him into the bathroom to reason with him.

"We don't have that kind of time, Creed. Listen whatever is going down, it is going to be in a matter of days or hours. I don't know, but I know they are going to make their move against Celeste soon."

Creed reached out to caress my cheek. "Think about what I said." He scooted around me and out of the bathroom heading towards the bedroom door. He stalked over to the bed and crammed all my contents back into the duffle bag and slung it over his shoulder. I stood in the bathroom doorframe watching him as he left me alone in my room.

Did he really think I was going to stay in here like a good little girl and await my punishment? Well he had another thing coming. I didn't get this far to stay and twiddle my thumbs. I shrugged into my underwear and went into the closet to retrieve another pair of jeans and a long sleeved shirt. It's good thing, Creed didn't find all my hiding places. I stood on the chair in the closet and lifted part of the ceiling that I cut out as my second hiding place. I grabbed the small bag, stepping off the chair and unzipped it. It didn't have any guns, but I had a knife and strap, and two wigs.

I lifted the right pant leg of the baggy jean and fastened the strap around my calf. I put the knife into the strap. I step out of the closet and reenter the bathroom. I open the drawer and secured the tape recorder and the vial on my body. I knew I could've played the tape to Creed, but I wasn't sure how much he knew. I only wanted to do this once, playing the tape for Celeste and Colin, who personally knew both parties on the tape. I really didn't need to convince Creed of my story, but Colin and Celeste.

I swung the door open to two guards standing on each side of the doorframe. "What's a girl gotta do to get some food around here?" I glance down to make sure the hallway was empty.

"Go back in your room. They will bring up your food, later."

"Sorry I can't do that." It only took a second for my claws to embed themselves into the sides of both of their necks, severing the vagus nerve causing instantaneous blackout. I dragged both bodies into my room and propped them against the wall. It will take about an hour before their healing process would kick in and they regain consciousness. However I'm sure the absence in front of door would be notice long before then. I tugged my hair into the black wig and then I creeped out of my room, making my way to Celeste's room.

I smiled and nodded my head to a couple of pack members as I journeyed upstairs. I was surprised Colin didn't lock the place down, but it seems that everyone was moving around as a normal day. I wonder what Creed was telling him right now? I moved to the side as a young lady carrying a tray came out of Celeste room. I enter the room to see Celeste in her usual position propped with pillows on her couch.

"Hi Celeste, you really need to have more protection around you. It was too easy to get up here."

"Eva is that you? Why do you have that wig on your head? Why would I need protection in my home?"

"So your dear husband hasn't been telling you what is going on? That I have been locked up in my room?"

"We don't keep secrets from each other. Yes, he told me that an unknown man was killed by the river. He also told me that he suspected you may have something to do with it. Now that you stand before me in a disguise, I guess he was right. I didn't want to believe him."

"Sorry Celeste but he was right. I'm not here to hurt you."

"Then why are you here?"

"What secrets are you hiding from the werewolf council?"

"Excuse me? I'm not hiding any secrets."

"I have been here long enough to know that is not true." I turned my body and reached for a shirt that was hanging on the back of small arm chair. I open the vial and dropped a few drops on it. I turned around with the shirt in my hand avoiding the wet spots. "I really don't want to do this, but you leave me no choice."

"Eva what do you mean?" Before she could straighten herself up into a sitting position, I had pressed the shirt down on top of her hand. Celeste quickly knocked my hand away, I took a step back. "What are you doing....AHHHHH!" Celeste screamed as I watched my hunch transform right in front of me.

Celeste was half wolf, just like me! Now the questions start forming in my mind. Why hide it from me? Is this the secret that Carson wanted to keep under wraps by killing her off? Questions, questions... I need answers and fast.

A/N

Uh, oh.. Eva you better run, cause Colin isn't going to like that you messed with his mate!

Don't forget to vote/comment!

Nicci

: