Betrayal

Chapter 52

"Pesch its over, we win. As we speak your little rescue team is being surrounded by my men."

"So, you were Carson's bitch this whole time. What did he promise you? Money? A seat on the council?"

"Ah that is what your narrow mind can't comprehend. I didn't need any bribery! I believed in the cause to rid ourselves of weak minded females, who think they can take charge or lead anyone!"

Ricker got out of his chair and stepped up to me stopping with in mere inches. I didn't flinch or back down but glared at him. "The thought that a female could sit on the council and start tainting the minds of the men with their bleeding compassion is incomprehensible! It would make us weak and let other creatures think that they can come and destroy our packs."

Ricker gripped my face and squeeze my jaw as his wolf began to surface. "The fact that there are wolves mating with lowly humans is disgusting. I will make it my life mission to ban human mates. I will not sit by and watch our race slowly disintegrate into chaos."

I ripped my face from his hand and took a step back. I heard enough. "Listen to yourself! Weak? Disintegrate? Chaos? I am none of those things. In fact, I can make you my little bitch right now. It scares you that a female has that much power over you!"

"Let's be clear. You and the Wright bitch are the exception. Only because your daddies come from the Original bloodline. I'm not talking about you. I'm referring to other cases where wolves have chosen human mates and once they mate, their weak human dies in the mating process. And you know what happens to the wolf, he becomes insane turning rogue or suicidal. On the rare occasion, he can find his second mate, but that doesn't happen often. You would be surprised how many cases are like that out there. The council has kept it quiet, trying to keep in under control."

"So, the answer to your problem is to what? Kidnap councilmen and experiment on them and human mates?"

"You heard of the saying 'if you can't beat them, then join them'? Let's say that we have decided to make the best out of the situation and create more soldiers like you but better."

"Better than me?"

"Yes, one that will bend to our command and follow orders without questions."

"Oh, you want mindless killers that have no brain. That might backfire on you. I know that you are working for all the Carsons and Taylor. What about my dad?"

"Your dad, he once was on board with us until he found his human mate. He really thought he could hide it from us. Your dad is weak along with the rest of you. Once we threaten to kill his mate and daughter he came back to his senses. He couldn't move on though, so we had to help the process along."

"What the fuck does that mean."

"In order for your dad to move on, he needed to lose his first mate of course."

Realization of what he was saying hit me full force. I lost all rational thought as my blood boil. "You son of a bitch. You killed my mother!" My claws grew and a deep rumble started within my chest as my eyes narrowed on my target.

Ricker took several steps back laughing at my pain. I leaped forward to wipe that smug look off his face, but I was forcibly yanked back by four of his men. Their hands wrapped around my arms and into a head lock immobilizing my movements. All I could do is stare at the dead man standing in front of me. Ricker is a dead man and he doesn't even know it.

"It's a shame that your first mate didn't finish you off. It took some persuading for him to get on board. It's amazing what alphas will do when you threaten to kill off their whole pack! Alas, daddy dearest brought you to us. At first, we tried to kill you but you were persistent in wanting to live. In the beginning, you were perfect, you followed rules and killed without questions. But then you started to get a little cocky when you realize the power you hold. You somehow forgot your place and thought you were better than your commanders."

I closed my eyes trying to regain my composure and calm down. "You set me up this whole time. Using my mate bond with the Wrights to keep them in line."

"Yes, I did. Thanks by the way, you hid the Wright bitch well. The team that I dispatched should be taking care of them as we speak. Now that this is finally over, we will finish what we started. You know the Carsons wanted me to make you into one of our specimens, but I discourage that. You see I don't think you deserve such an honor. I am going to enjoy killing you, Pesch."

I started to laugh and the look of bemusement flittered across Ricker's face. "What's so funny?"

"You?" I kept laughing and took big gulps of air trying to stop. Ricker's men loosen their hold on me. "I can't believe that you are so stupid into believing that you can kill me. That I would allow myself to be that naïve to walk into this obvious trap without a backup plan. Watchtower please tell me you got all of that."

"We surely did." Silas Wright's voice sounded in my ear.

"You see Ricker one thing you didn't count on is loyalty. You know there was a time when I believe that love and caring for people makes you weak. That it blinds you to the realities of the world and cloud your mind. However, my assignment to the Raven Pack stripped off all the ugliness that you tried to instill in me. I learned the opposite. Love is strong and resilient. Love doesn't blind you but makes you see and think clearly. That having a mate no matter who it is, makes you stronger."

The door flew open making the men holding me jump and move us several steps to the side. Ricker and his men cowered backwards their guns swinging back and forth from me and to the door.

"Hey baby." I smirked as Creed beautiful black wolf entered the room his eyes locking onto mine snarling at the men holding me.

What's the plan? Creed's voice filled my mind.

My answer was simple. We kill them all!

I'm down with that! God, I love him!

Ricker is mine! My eyes flew to Ricker.

A/N

OMG!!!!!

What did y'all think about the revelations!

Don't forget to vote/comment.

Nicci