Chapter 6

*Josh's POV*

No more than 30 seconds in, I spotted my gorgeous, sexy wife strolling along the last aisle of the grocery store, reaching out to pick up a loaf of bread. She kept strolling, looking as if something on her mind was bothering her. I felt guilty! I knew that what was bothering her was the fight that we'd had, mere hours earlier...
Quite suddenly, a muscly, very BUILT-looking older man wearing a dark grey hoodie stepped into her path.
"Can we get a closer view on that?!" I asked Miss Detective NoName urgently. Her eyes flicked to and fro across the screen, searching for any version of a + button, but she didn't find one. She shook her head solemnly. "FUCK!" I shouted, throwing a big ass punch at the wall.
As I turned back around, it was just in time to see grey-hoodie-guy pushing the love of my life; the mother of my child; off towards the back door that WE had just come through with...
My blood ran cold.
A knife to her throat.

I stomped my feet, and growled and screamed until my throat felt hoarse; and finally, I let out a wail of despair. "How are we supposed to find her if we can't see who the heck took her?" I whispered to no one in particular. Maybe I whispered it to God...?
"I've got ways in mind, Mr Evans," the detective reassured me, "Oh... I'm Detective Amy Schweppe, by the way. I have a feeling that we'll be spending a lot of time together today."