Chapter 5: Great News!

Brefew's jaw dropped open as he gazed at this stunning and confident young Flareon. He gave her a lick on the ear. Mira noticed his awe and said triumphantly, "You can't have adMiration without Mira,". Brefew rolled his eyes.
Just then, the vines parted at the entrance, revealing Akira's beautiful face. "Mira? Where have you been?" her mother asked fretfully. "We've been looking all ov-" Akira trailed off as she noticed Mira's evolution. She dashed to her side and brushed her cheek up against her daughter's. "I'm so proud of you," Akira breathed. "Thanks, Mom," Mira murmured, blushing. Then her mom backed off. "We have big news back home," she announced, her mew shaking with excitement. "What?" Mira asked. "It's a surprise," Akira replied mischievously.
They walked all the way back home. They were greeted by Alden's worried face. "Mira! Why in the world..." Mira's father had the exact same reaction as Akira had. "You-you're..." he whispered.
Brefew rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. "Cough, she evolved, cough cough, hint hint." he said meaningfully. "
Mira stood up tall, enjoying the attention. "I'm a Flareon now," she exclaimed, watching the surprised glances from her family and friends. Then two unfamiliar faces approached from the nursery den. They stalked up to Mira, bending their heads down so she couldn't see their faces. Mira unsheathed her claws, ready for self defense, when they looked up. Mira gasped. It was her own brother and sister!
"Hahaha, it's us!"
"You should have seen the look on your face!" Ben and Glenn chorused. Mira rolled her eyes. They still acted like babies.
She inspected them. Glenn, her naïve little sister was now a sparkling, elegant Espeon. And Ben, her rambunctious younger brother was a handsome Glaceon.
"I-I'm a Flareon now," Mira said.
"We can tell," Glenn said happily.
"Come, meet Clair!" Ben said, gesturing towards the nursery den.
Mira padded in, seeing Fontana lying on a nest, Ethan standing by her, and a tiny baby Eevee playing with a stick. "Who?" she squeaked as she saw Mira. "Your new friend," murmured Fontana.
Mira couldn't help but drool. It was the cutest thing she had ever seen.
Then, the crowd outside parted. Footsteps sounded from the floor. An Eevee crashed through the den, practically flying next to Fontana. "Are you okay? How was it? What's her name?" Blair chattered, excited. Fontana smiled. "Yes, horrifying, and Clair, " she said. Blair laughed, and everyone was happy...

... but it was all downhill from there.