chapter twenty-three

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

chapter twenty-three

I pushed pieces of my hair out of my face as I looked at the painting before me. The very one that Blue and I were painting. Well, I was currently painting. We had both worked on the flooring of the painting and the background of the painting, which we would make look like the stars. I was finishing my own portrait of myself. I was wearing a light blue sweater and dark washed jeans in the painting, along with one of my pair of converses. My glasses hung on my nose and my eyes were looking upwards at the sky, well they weren't looking straight up, but off in the distance. 

As soon as I would finish, Blue would come in and he would paint the portrait of me. I wondered if he would paint him looking up at the stars but then a little part of me wished that he was going to paint him holding my hands in the portrait or doing something romantic. I knew that I could't hold my breath, even though there had been almost moments between us I just thought that it was in the heat of the moment.

It was a few minutes later that I finished my side of the painting and called Blue in. He came in and walked behind me, smiling when he saw the painting and me in it. "It looks good. So I'm going to take it home and work on me. When it's done I'll bring it over and you can see it," he told me and I nodded my head, even though a bit of protectiveness reverberated throughout me. I hadn't ever painted something with someone else and I never let the paintings I worked on out of my bedroom, but I knew that there had to be a first for everything.

"Alright, but be careful with it, okay?" I pleaded and he rolled his eyes at me before nodding his head and telling me that he would be careful.

He hugged me goodbye and I watched him as he carefully picked up the painting and headed out of my bedroom. I followed behind him, watching his indigo haired head walk past the windows where there was sunlight shimmering down onto his hair color. I absolutely adored his hair color. Some would find it strange but it fit him completely. He never did tell me the reason why he dyed his hair indigo but I bet it was the same reason why I had dyed my hair pastel pink.

It was our favorite colors. And I knew that if he didn't dye his hair indigo I would still love him none the less. he was my own muse now, he was my inspiration, and he was the reason why I felt as though I finally belonged somewhere in this world...even if he didn't know that I felt as though I belonged right next to him. That was why I wanted us to be together at least in art.