chapter twenty-five

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

chapter twenty-five

Blue and I was kissing.

In the painting of course. 

In the painting he had his hands reached forward and gripping the side of my cheek and he had his lips pressed against mine. My eyes were wide and in marvel in the painting, and they were in real life. I slowly crept towards the painting and stared at the painting. For some odd reason a few tears fell down my cheekbones and I felt my heart ache for me to actually be kissed like that in real life. No, not by someone else but by the indigo haired boy that had taught me that I had mattered and that I could learn to trust and love someone again.

"I swear, Blue Majors, if you don't kiss me right now like you are in this painting then I am going to be sorely disappointed," I managed to speak out, my voice shaking and the tears falling down my cheekbones now. I knew that I looked like a mess. I also knew that my breath probably tasted like hot chocolate and my hair was a bird's mess but I didn't care at all. I just wanted him to hold me and cherish me and love me fully.

I felt a hand reach out and pull my chin so that I was looking at the boy in front of me. I had been turned and peering down at me with so much happiness and warmth was the boy that I loved. "I love you, Azalea Greene."

I smiled goofily and relished in the fact that this boy in front of me was in love with me. I never knew that I could end up having someone fall in love with me.

"Will you...be my girlfriend?"

He looked at me with so much hope, his smile letting me know that it was forced and that he was anticipating my answer. I felt confidence built up in me and I answered him as though I had rehearsed this a thousand times.

"Kiss me and then you'll get your answer," I responded back to him and he grinned so beautifully that I felt my eyes widen. He swooped in and pressed his lips against mine, before his hands came up and placed on either side of my face, holding me and cradling me as though I was the masterpiece that had been created.

I kissed him back eagerly, putting all of my love for him back. Tears continued falling down and mixed with our lips but I didn't care. When he pulled away from me I was breathless and my fingers reached up to brush against his cheekbone.

"I love you too, Blue. I'll be your girlfriend," I gave him my answer, and then he couldn't help but swoop down and hug me tightly in his arms. And for the first time in a long time I laughed freely and happily and I knew that with him...with my Blue now...I knew that I was a masterpiece because he had looked at me as though I was a masterpiece.