two

Eden allowed her brain aneurysm trick to hurt Damon for a second longer, but she stopped when he started to beg

Eden allowed her brain aneurysm trick to hurt Damon for a second longer, but she stopped when he started to beg. "I hate witches."

"I'm pretty sure they don't like you all that much either, buddy."

"Damon," He corrected. "—Damon Salvatore."

Eden sighed, bringing her head back a few inches to check something before giving the vampire her full and undivided attention. "Well Damon, you have five minutes to explain why you're standing on my porch."

"Last night, you said you were the with who activated my daylight ring, is that true?"

"Yes, why?"

"Because, I'm one hundred and seventy-two years old, and I've had this ring since I turned."

Eden's green eyes widened. "That's impossible, because I'm only twenty-two and I put the daylight spell on that ring two months ago, after I made the ring."

Eden was confused, and in that confusion she slammed the door shut on Damon's face and walked up to her safe haven. The attic.

Inside of the room, hidden at the very top of her home, was basically her witch lair. It was the only place she could leave all of her herbs, grimrores, talismans, and an endless supply of candles without people growing suspicious.

After taking a old wooden bowl and adding pinches of this and spoonfuls of that, Eden began chanting. Latin spewed from her lips fluently, as if it was her native tongue. The room's atmosphere changed, filling with magic that most witches didn't use. Expression wasn't the ideal form of witchcraft, and Eden's ancestors frowned upon her from the other side each time they watched her preform the dark act.

Finally, Eden stopped and drank the condiments in the bowl before her. It was bitter and the substances were gritty against her tongue, but she swallowed it anyway. Moments later, her body stood as straight as a board as her mind took her back into a time where Damon Salvatore was human.

She was surfing through his memories that he hand unknowingly allowed her access too when he was on her porch in pain from her mind abuse. All she needed was a steady lock on his mind, and after that, she would have everything she needed.

Flashes of color glowed against her eyelids as the pictures flashed past her like a movie screen until it all stopped.

Damon ran out of a large home, another man with similar features following behind. In Damon's hand was a football, telling the other where he got it from. Both tossed it around before the image of a beautiful girl with long curly brown hair and mischief in her matching brown eyes. "Ms. Katherine."

The scene changed, showing Katherine watching Damon leave off to fight in the army as a confederate soldier. Then return a little while later for her.

Next, showed Damon and Katherine kissing, before her face turned, showing her vampiric features. She sank her fangs into his neck, soon coming up to feed him her own blood.

Time passed, Damon ran through the woods chasing after Katherine who had been taken by the council, the vampire blood still in his system as bullets embedded themselves in his chest, sending his body on the dirty ground, dead.

Damon had accepted the transition, drinking the humans blood so greedily that his eyes rolled back in his head.

A woman stood beside him while he walked into a one story home, with an abundance of trees and flowers on her front lawn. A ring was taken from an elegant wooden box and was given to Damon. Once it was placed on his finger, he walked into the sun that peeked through the closed curtain, and his skin didn't burn. With a smile on his face, he nodded the witch, a silent thank you, and he looked up showing a woman that looked exactly like Eden.

The images stopped and Eden took in a deep breath, stumbling back onto the leather couch as her green eyes were wide with shock.

How was that possible?