eleven

Eden wasn't sure what to do next, Damon had been quiet the whole first hour of the drive, the only sound being the stereo playing whatever was on the radio

      Eden wasn't sure what to do next, Damon had been quiet the whole first hour of the drive, the only sound being the stereo playing whatever was on the radio. "You can stop doing that anytime now."

       "Doing what?" She feigned innocence, averting her gaze to strengthen her obvious lie.

       "Staring at me like I'm a ticking time bomb. Unless you can argue that you're only staring because you want to take my clothes off."

       The red haired female rolled her green eyes at the older Salvatore, wanting nearly nothing more than to reach over and smack the snarky grin that was planted on his annoyingly beautiful face. "Don't start that bullshit, we are way past the point where you start treating me like crap because you can't properly admit what you're feeling."

      "You think this is about me admitting my feelings?" In his anger, Damon's foot subconsciously grew heavier on the gas, the meter slowly hiking up higher and higher until Eden's hands started gripping onto her seatbelt. Even in his anger though, she wasn't worried about him killing them both, she was completely confident he'd save her—but that wasn't the point. "There isn't anything for me to admit, I'm fine. Just let it go."

      While Eden could completely understand someone not wanting to talk about their problems, this was an entirely different story. The time that Damon and Eden had spent together they were always an open book, having very little energy to lie to one another; the obvious lie that Damon was spitting at her struck a nerve. "You want me to let it go? Fine, I'll let it go."

       The vampire couldn't quite feel at peace in the silence, not when the woman beside him had averted her body in the opposite direction from him, both of her hands curled up in balls of rage that she couldn't express out loud, mostly so she could prove her point.

       God, she was so annoying, Damon thought to himself. She was always asking him questions that he himself didn't know the answers too which frustrated him further. How was he supposed to feel after seeing the love of his life again—her totally unaware of the promises they'd made to one another, the time they spent and the memories they'd made. And she chose to do so, she chose to completely extinguish all of the good parts of Damon that only came out because that's what she wanted. Elena erasing those parts of him and only knowing him for the bad he'd done made Damon confused with himself, unsure of who he really was. How was he supposed to explain his crisis to Eden, who's life was already difficult as is.

     "It's official now." He finally spoke aloud.

     "I don't care."

     Her tone was cold but Damon could tell by the way teeth kept biting at her lip that they word she spoke was untrue, so he continued. "Everything we built together, just gone forever."