four

Eden followed Damon out of the bar, her steps not matching up to his, but she blamed her average legs that didn't compare to his long ones that covered much more ground that she did

Eden followed Damon out of the bar, her steps not matching up to his, but she blamed her average legs that didn't compare to his long ones that covered much more ground that she did. "Are you seriously going to be a baby about this whole thing and run away from it?"

"Yes. I've decided that I don't care how I got the ring. I have it and that's all that matters."

"No, I deserve to know and what if you were the only person who would've been able to help me find out what I've been looking for."

Damon strides over to his car, the baby blue color a blessing to his eyes every time he sees it after being away from it for so long in the other world that Bonnie was still trapped in. "Sorry, I can't help you. I've got better things to do."

"Like drunk driving?" She scowled. Damon was clearly intoxicated and now he had the nerve to pick up a set of car keys and go to his car. "You could kill someone."

"I kill people all the time," He retorts, sounding into the drivers seat smoothly, putting the key into the ignition. The engine came to life, the low hum of the gears turning properly against each other pulling a smile on the vampires face.

Eden crossed her arms over her chest and began walking over to the other side, and sitting in the passengers side before he could lock the doors on her. "I'm sorry we're you dropped on your head as an infant? Or were you just born stupid?"

Damon's blue eyes widened, the color turning so light through the reflection of the bright sun that shone through the window. "Excuse me?"

"You aren't going to kill anyone because of your stupidity. Peoples lives are at stake and I refuse to let you kill them behind the wheel of a car while you are intoxicated."

"Why do you care?"

"Because, I know that if you kill someone while you're like this, then your actually going to regret it."

Damon scoffed at her words, putting his hands on the steering wheel with intentions to drive his car. "I don't have any regrets."

Fury boiled in Eden's blood, and before she knew it Damon was groaning loudly, his skin beginning to turn an aggravated red and soon burning and sizzling in each area the sun touched. "Get out of the car and let me drive. I am finding out how the hell I know you, even if it kills me."

After receiving a nod, Eden let up on the spell, allowing Damon's daylight ring to do its job and protect him from the sun that became his kinds enemy a thousand years ago. "You are crazy, woman."

"And your drunk."

Eden was sure that he plan was going to work, Damon was sitting beside her while she drove his car, one hand propping his head up while he slept, and he other rested comfortably on his leg. He hadn't moved the whole time Eden was driving, not a word spoken between the two giving Eden plenty of time to drive into an area where she could take Damon without his knowing.

Her fingers tapped against the steering wheel until she stopped the car at a small house that was burgundy and white in color. Much like her own, there was an abundance of shrubbery and flowers, but something that was missing was human civilization for miles. "What the hell?" Damon's sleep filled voice called as his blurred blue eyes adjusted to the change is scenery. "Where are we?"

"I'm sorry, but I really need those answers."

The vampire was still groggy from his long alcohol induced nap, but he was sober enough to understand that she wasn't going to hurt him until she decided he was useless. "How are you sure I even know what happened?"

"You don't, at least not consciously." Without needing keys, Eden used her expression to open the front door, allowing Damon to walk inside first.

"I need permission."

"Owners dead, just go in."

"You kill them?"

Eden shook her dead in disagreement, locking the door behind her, shutting the curtains as she walked throughout the home, that was surprisingly comfortable. "No, belonged to my parents before they died."

"How?"

"You're full of questions," The red-head acknowledged, but answered his question nonetheless. "Car accident. Drunk driver hit their car, my mom died on impact, my dad waited for three hours for paramedics to get a pole from his abdomen."

While Damon wandered around, taking in his surroundings, he noticed a picture framed and hanging on the wall of a family, a teenage boy holding Eden in his arms with a wide smile on his face, their parents in a similar position. "This your brother? What happened to him?"

"He's gone."

Eden tensed, her green eyes staring off as she most likely was reliving whatever happened to him. It took her a moment to snap out of her daze, but when she did, her whole demeanor changed.

"Let's go upstairs, my things are up there that can help me understand how we knew each other."