Chapter I

Serer woke up early, as she did every morning, but something felt different. Her heart pounded inside her chest as she sat up from the grass mat, wiping droplets of sweat from her forehead. Something was coming, and it wasn't good.
     She stood and pulled on her brown, leather jacket over her white tank top and secured her belt tightly around her waist. Quickly, she slipped on her boots and adjusted her black pants. Her hair was in a single, messy braid which went to her lower back.
     Bending down she picked up her lightsaber and secured it to her belt. Countless memories began to flood her brain. She was once a youngling of Master Jedi, Luke Skywalker, until the infamous Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren attacked and slaughtered everyone. Everyone except her. Serer escaped the attack with the help of Luke Skywalker. They disappeared together and he completed her training, turning her into the last Jedi Knight. She remembered how he left her on this planet as a safe haven, the planet of Endor. The large trees which were fun to climb in the temperate forests of the planet, the beautiful mountains, and the water surfaces.
     She knew her purpose, she had always known. The darkness was to fall by her, the last Jedi. How that was to happen she did not know.

     Walking outside of her makeshift hut, she looked up at the brilliant blue sky. Serer became very confused because though the sky was blue, the sounds of what seem to be thunder raged throughout the forest. She stared intently at the sky, waiting for some sort of explanation, but she received none.
     Serer tensed in fear as she could hear the sounds of approaching Stormtroopers, parts of their armor clashing against the other. They spoke to one another, their voices muffled by the helmets. She didn't hesitate and began running in the opposite direction for her life. Did the First Order finally find her? Did they know she was hiding here? Or worse, did Kylo Ren sense her knowledge of them here?
     Serer was petrified of what would happen once they caught her, that is, if they caught her. No doubt they had a plan of attack. Why else would anyone come to Endor if not to kill the Last Jedi? Especially the First Order.
     She ran and ran until hardly anything was familiar to her. Stopping she looked around and listened. The tall, green trees which surrounded her gave an eerie setting. Even though sunlight shown through them, it seemed as if there was no escaping the forest of Endor.
     "At last," A distorted voice spoke menacingly. "The last Jedi."
     Serer spun around to face none other than Kylo Ren. He raised his hand out to her and she became paralyzed, and unable to control her own limbs.
     "Luke Skywalker's prized possession." He sneered while beginning to circle her.
     How did she allow herself to fall into this trap? A feeling of terror crept into her mind as she realized what would happen next. She was to be slain like the rest of Luke's younglings, and become a lost hope to the Republic.
     "No," Kylo Ren spoke, becoming face to face with her at last. He was so close, she could almost hear the breaths he took inside the mask. "I do not plan on killing you. Yet."
     He released her from his power and she was able to move once more. Serer knew this could be her chance, but she had to be wary.
     "Even if you take me alive you're going to end up killing me, why not just get it over with?" She asked him as he began to circle her once more.
      "You know Luke's whereabouts, and you will tell us." He spoke from behind her.
     "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I do not know where Luke is. He left a long time ago." Serer hissed, reaching down into her belt and taking out her lightsaber.
     She could hear him stop moving behind her. "He's not here?" Kylo Ren growled into her ear.
     She listened to the buzzing sound of her white lightsaber as she ignited it. Turning around she faced him and backed away, holding tightly to the weapon.
     "So unwise." Kylo Ren spoke igniting his own red lightsaber. "So predictable."
     The lightsabers clashed as the two forces dueled one another. Serer attacked viciously, striking Ren again and again. He blocked her attacks and retorted his own.
     They paused as he twirled his lightsaber threateningly. "Luke has trained you well, but not well enough."
     He struck Serer again forcefully, which took all her strength to deflect. The energy of the lightsabers flared as they connected with one another. The fight shifted back and forth, each deflecting the blows from one another's weapons.
      "Why didn't you kill me all those years ago?" Serer questioned, striking once again with all the force she could acquire.
     "I indeed let you live, but that's a mistake I do not intend on making again!" Retorted Ren before striking ferociously, kicking Serer's abdomen and knocking her to the ground.
     She gasped for air but held the lightsaber across her body, holding off the other lightsaber from cauterizing her in half. Wincing and grunting she used all the strength she had, until she noticed the two vents of the crossguard was about to hit the bicep of her arm, and Kylo knew it too.
     "It doesn't have to be this way!" The distorted voice of the mask almost pleaded.
     Serer looked up at the mask with desperation and somewhat of confusion.
     "I can teach you more than Luke ever could! You can become stronger and more powerful if you join the darkness, if you join me!" He spoke as silent tears ran down Serer's cheeks as she felt the one vent touching the arm of her leather jacket.
     Before Serer could try and pull her arm away, the vent touched her bicep and cauterized her skin. She screamed out in pain and rolled away from the vent still defending herself. Kylo Ren unbelievably seemed to pull back.
     Serer stood but before she was able to do anything she looked over at her right arm and watched her leather jacket sleeve turn red. Her eyes blurrier and before she could do anything, she collided with the dirt floor of Endor.