Chapter XV

Serer cried hard and for what seemed like an eternity. She was leaving her lover and friend behind. Poe was going to have no explanation for her disappearance, and no way of knowing her location. She was going to be lost to him, a distant and forgotten memory. The X-Wing flew quickly through the still galaxy while stars twinkled in every direction.
     All was quiet until the familiar beeping of a droid came from the copilot seat. Serer gasped as she realized BB-8 was on the X-Wing with her! She had never even thought to look!
     "BB-8! What are you doing here?"
     The droid beeped and whistled wildly as he told the story of General Organa giving him the special mission, and accepted because of Poe. His explanation shattered Serer's heart as she listened carefully. Leia had known she was going to leave, but to take this drastic of action.
     She knew that she couldn't keep BB-8 with her, but had the idea that Poe and Gage were already on their way after her. Serer was trapped. Her plan of finally escaping both the Rebels and The First Order were crumbling.
     "Well, our next destination is Hoth. I hope you like snow." BB-8 quickly rejected the idea of Hoth.

The X-Wing landed on the cold planet, causing swirls of snow to form around it. BB-8 beeped wildly in annoyance as he rolled around on the white surface. He surely imagined his circuits were going to freeze. The pair moved quickly into a cave, unknowing of the danger that was within. Serer had never been on such a planet before, the temperature taking her off guard. She knew it was going to be cold, but to this degrees she had never imagined. They would not be able to survive here for long.

"Bring her home, Poe. She is not properly supplied to be living on Hoth. When Echo Base was still there, it was terrible, but at least we were prepared. I've had a terrible vision." Leia spoke to Poe as he paced the room for a moment. "Not only do we know her location, but-"
Poe's eyes blazed with fury but also remorse. How could he not of seen this coming? The sudden confession of feelings, there were signs! But, then again, how could she do something like this to them, to him?
Gage leaned up against the wall, displeased with himself. "You're saying that Kylo Ren knows she's there?"
"It's a possibility. If you haven't noticed, they share a connection through the force. They can sense each other when in close range. If he does, for some reason land on Hoth, Serer will know." Leia said, placing a hand on Poe's back, forgetting of his injury.
Poe could hardly feel the pain from his back, because it was all directed in his heart. "You sent BB-8 with her?"
"BB-8 would care for the girl and protect her. It's better then her being all alone. I'm sorry, Poe, I know I should have asked, but it was all happening so suddenly." Said Leia with a twinge of pain in her tone.
"As long as they're safe long enough for us to retrieve them." Poe stood tall with flames still blazing in his eyes and stormed out of the room towards his X-Wing.

"Don't worry, BB-8. The planets so desolate nothing could survive here." Serer said as she watched her breath form before her.
BB-8 whistled wildly. "Yes, even us." She responded as they traveled through the winding tunnels.
The pair suddenly stopped as they entered what seemed to be an abandoned base. From the damage that had been done to it, Serer could tell it had been attacked long before their arrival here.
"I know this place... I had read about it long ago." Serer kept walking as BB-8 hesitantly followed.
She touched the large, metal pieces of equipment as they passed. She was touching actual pieces of Rebel history.
"Look, BB-8! Clothes!" Serer ran over to the jacket and pants. Despite the few holes, the jacket was warm with its fuzzy hood, as were the snow pants. She could feel her body temperature increasing by the minute.
"Let's see if anything still works." Serer stated as she walked over to the large machines. BB-8 beeped and whistled as a means of stopping her. "Come on, BB-8. This place has been deserted for years, I doubt anything will work."
Serer placed her hand upon a leaver and pushed up. The lights shocked to life as she monitors turned on, revealing radars and maps. She pushed buttons to try and attain more knowledge in her awe, but had not realized that her location was now made known across the galaxy. BB-8 started to back up from the machines, afraid of what was to come.
A loud piercing noice now erupted from the machines as though they were malfunctioning. Serer stepped back from them as she watched the radars and maps twitched rapidly on the screens. BB-8 screeched loudly while quickly rolling towards the exit of the cave. Serer, on the other hand, moved closer to the screens, despite the terrible sound. Words appeared on and off the radar as though where people had once been. She had noticed a few in particular: Echo Base, Organa, Solo, Skywalker, and Vader. Somehow the Rebels had managed to track Darth Vader when he had come onto Hoth.
Serer's heart seemed to skip a beat as the word Vader flashed onto the radar and stopped just behind her location. She froze for a minute as though should could hear the terrifying sound of a single distorted breath behind her. Her body flung around to face behind, her lightsaber quickly ignited and in hand as the crisp air sent a chill down her spine.
Deciding she had seen enough, she switched off the power, leaving the cave back into the darkness she found it in. She ran, partly spooked, to find BB-8 and get off this planet.
Little did she know that the noise had not only woken the fear within her, but the Wampa's that lurked in nearby places.