Chapter

Stumbling backwards, Serer watched as Ren examined the damage done to his arm. His eyes glistened as though watering from the pain until they looked towards her with anger. The flames of vengeance danced within his dilated pupils. Serer's eyes widened as she looked upon the cauterized portion of his skin through the torn fabric. Though it did wound him, the wound did not weaken Kylo Ren. Nothing seemed to weaken him. It was as though he didn't have a weakness.
Holding her lightsaber out before him, Serer listened to the intense sounds of the battle outside the cavern walls. The glacier shook and rattled with each hit it endured. The tingling pain of Serer's side caused her to hunch over, nearly howling in pain. How much longer could she last without a medical droid? Her senses were quickly succumbing to the pain.

     Ren stood tall as though he had not noticed the girls pain, when in actuality, he did. He felt every bit of her pain. Their connection brought him to feel every emotion within her frail body. However, Ren could not show weakness, but rather had to demonstrate the power of the dark side.

"You love him." Ren's distorted voice stated as his palm extended out, causing Serer's body to become paralyzed. A painful whine escaped her mouth. "What can he give you that I cannot?" She could feel the hot tears begin to well up in her eyes. "Him. A Resistance pilot."

Desperately trying to fight his power, Serer found her struggling to be no use. If he was to kill her now there would be no way of stopping him. Ren stood before her, taking his lightsaber and holding it near the side of her neck. Serer looked at his mask as though she was looking straight into his eyes. Ren looked within her eyes and could see fear, and yet power. She was so powerful. Nevertheless, he could do it. He felt himself ready to end their feud. However, something continued to hold him back.

"You love him... How? He is nothing compared to your power. The pilot has no connection to the force, but I do. I can help you and better you." The distorted voice spoke as he circled her slowly. "We can rule the galaxy together."

Ren freed her from his grasp as the pair stared at one another. He took off his mask, dropping it to the icy floor, causing cracks to appear around it. He was practically the only thing keeping her standing. Serer held on to whatever strength she had as her legs began to wobble beneath her.

"You're conflicted." Serer spoke, seeing his face at last once again. She backed away from him, almost collapsing to the floor from the exhaustion and pain. "You don't know what you want. Snoke hasn't completely taken you away from us."

His hand suddenly reached out once more as a muffling was heard in Serer's head. He was trying to gain access to her mind, but she resisted with all her might. Extending her own hand towards him, the two forces collided. She could feel her power declining, but continued to resist him.

"You want to be with them again." Serer spoke through gritted teeth. "Your parents. You miss them."

     Serer ignited her lightsaber, striking at Ren, only to have him block it. He looked hurt by her sudden urge to attack him, but angrily furrowed his brow. If she wanted to duel, he would not resist her.

"She misses you, too!" Serer managed to say as she deflected Ren's attack. "Forget all of this and go back to her-- Come back with me!"

     Ren walked towards her with powerful strides as his hair bounced behind him. Serer backed away before having to hunch over in pain from her side. She held out her lightsaber while desperately holding onto her side as though to try and cease the pain. She was frightened, injured, and alone. There were no Rebel soliders or Poe to save her this time. There was no getting out of it.

"Come with me." Ren spoke before pointing the ignited lightsaber to Serer's head. "Or die."

"Do it." She retorted, no longer able to stand. She collapsed to the icy floor, shivering as the wetness seeped through her clothing and onto her skin. "Neither you or anyone can save me now. Be the monster they know you to be."

Ren stared down upon her, she was slowly dying. She was losing too much blood. His mind suddenly switched. The vengeance and anger left his mind completely as he stared down at the shivering women he loved. He loved her, there was no hiding it anymore. For as much as he wanted to strike her down, Ren knew he'd never forgive himself. He never had any intentions of actually harming her.

Serer extinguished her lightsaber and dropped it to the floor. Ren stood frozen for a moment before picking it up and placing it in his belt. He then extinguished his own lightsaber and placed it next to hers within his belt. "Can you place your arms around my neck?" He questioned gruffly. Serer was expecting him to strike her down. All that was running through Serer's mind was confusion.

"What? Why are you-" She shut her eyes tightly as to though keep the pain at ease. Her time for stalling was coming to an end. Without a medical droid, she would surely die. "Yes."

Ren bent down as Serer placed her arms around his neck before he gingerly lifted her from the ground. Biting her tongue from the pain, she seemed as though about to lose consciousness. He looked down upon her, watching the rapid movement underneath her eyelids. She clung to him while trying to stand on her own.

He loved her so, and feared that this time he would finally lose her. Bending down, he grabbed his mask and place it upon his head gently. He stared down at Serer as he noticed her skin color turn almost as white as the snow. For as much as she hated him, his unexpected act of kindness warmed her heart and made her believe that there was still light within him.
Lifting her into his arms, Ren moved as quickly as he could.

He traveled through the walkways of the glacier quickly as he suddenly felt something cold attach itself to his cheek. Serer had lifted her hand from his neck, placing it within the mask and upon his cheek. Her hands were like the very ice which surrounded them. He couldn't bare to lose her now. She struck fear in his heart.

     "Take me back to Poe." Serer whispered as she looked up at Kylo's mask. "Please."

     "If I'm saving your life, you're coming back with me." Ren hissed at her. "We can't risk that sort of interaction now."

     Serer looked up at him one final time before her strength failed her.