Chapter XVI

"General Organa, Echo Base has... gone online." Stated a Rebel soldier in a tone of utmost amazement.
"That's impossible!" Leia retorted. "Echo Base was destroyed, left to ruins. There is no possible way that anything inside should be able to function."
"Come look for yourself, General." The soldier spoke as the pair made their way quickly to the control center.

When they arrived, Leia noticed everyone staring at the small screen in bewilderment. The group parted as General Organa made her way to them. Her jaw dropped in astonishment as she watched the little red dot blink on and off.
"Could it be Luke?" Asked a fellow soldier.
"No, it's the girl!" Responded another, causing everyone to gasp in horror. "She'll freeze out there!"
"If we know she's there, everyone in the galaxy will." Leia stated as she turned from the screen. "Prepare our troops and dispatch them, there's going to be another Battle of Hoth."

"BB-8!" Serer called out through the tunnels of the glacier. The lightsaber, being the only source of light now within the rundown base, was placed before her. Serer shivered from the cold and fear within her being.
Her movements were quick and swift upon the slippery ground as she desperately searched for BB-8. The beeping sounds of her little friend were nowhere to be heard. Panic took over her being as she traveled deeper into the caves, unaware to the danger that hid within.

"Sir, we have received word that Echo Base on the Hoth planet went online." General Hux reported.
Ben sat on his chair, holding his head within his hands. He was lost, needing desperately to go speak with Supreme Leader Snoke.
"The girl and a droid reside there." He whispered as his eyes looked upon Hux. "Prepare our troops, if we know her location, the Resistance won't be far behind."
"Ren, haven't we wasted enough time on her? Why send our troops to bring back a girl who serves little to no purpose to our cause?" Questioned Hux as he watched Ben place his helmet upon his head.
"She serves a greater purpose then you know." The distorted voice of Kylo Ren spoke through the mask as he swiftly exited the room.
His heart pained with fury as he thought of seeing her again, but knew that where she would be, the pilot would follow, as would the traitor.

"BB-8, please come out! Please!" Serer yelled as she heard a shuffling behind her. "Oh, BB-8! Thank goodness!"
She stepped closer towards the sound, her lightsaber in hand, to see two gigantic, white, furry legs before her. A low growl came from the creature as she stopped in her tracks. Turning around, Serer quickly ran with all the energy she possessed, sliding around each corner as the creature neared her while roaring terribly. The tunnel finally let out into a larger cave, a hole in the ceiling providing minimal light. She lifted the lightsaber at where she had just entered from, preparing to tackle with the beast. 
     Serer watched as the creature walked from the opening and into the cave. It's claws were sharper than anything she had ever encountered, and it's teeth remained the largest she had seen. Her eyes were drawn to the blood stains on the creatures white fur as it started to near her. 

     Poe had landed his X-Wing within the safety of a cave. Placing his blaster in hand, he began to navigate the tunnels.
     BB-8 rolled closer to an opening as he heard footsteps and rejoiced when it was Poe. BB-8 beeped and whispered joyfully at the sight of his best friend.
     "BB-8!" Yelled Poe, equally happy to see his companion. "Where's Serer?"
     BB-8 explained about Echo Base and their separation, causing Poe to feel uneasy.
     "Come on!" He yelled while running deeper into the cave to find Serer, BB-8 hot on his trail.

     Serer continued to swing at the creature, it's massive claws trying to catch her with each miss. She was running out of room and had to think quickly. Her eyes now noticed a figure, standing almost beside the creature very faintly. She knew not who he was, but felt a deep connection.
     "Use the force... You possess my strength, now use it." The figure spoke as it disappeared from her sight.
     While in such a trance, the creature had clawed at her body, tearing her clothing and making three large slices on her side. Serer screamed out in agony as her free hand placed itself over her wound, her warm blood flowing between her fingers. The cuts  were not deep, but stung enough to draw her attention with each movement.
     Serer, without thinking, dropped the lightsaber, and extended her hand out to the beast. The Wampa began to retreat, clawing at it's own neck, as the indentation was seen in its fur. Luke had told her never to use it, but she did willingly. Serer had disobeyed him, but knew she would have died if she hadn't done so.
     The creature cried out in pain as Serer lifted it from the ground and into the air, still being choked. Her hand quickly made a fist, breaking the Wampa's neck and killing it. The beast slammed back to the frozen earth.
     Serer stood there as her eyes became saucers and her skin as white as snow, staring at the Wampa. While picking up her lightsaber Serer began to run. She wanted to run far away from it all, from everything. This wasn't her destiny, it wasn't foreseen like this. The creatures marks stung terribly and bled, causing Serer's movements to decrease. Rounding a corner, she slipped on ice, and collapsed to the floor. She cried out in agony at the pain, but knew she had to keep going.
     Serer stopped once more, hearing the distorted breathing as it came from every direction. It was the same she had heard back in Echo Base.
     "These are your first steps... Your destiny awaits." The voice whispered as it carried through out the tunnel.
     Serer, defeated and exhausted, followed the whispering voice, determined to find it's master.