Introduction

Introduction

       “Year 3560, I wouldn’t say that technology is as advanced as they said in science fiction. In fact, it hasn’t changed much in the past century. How do I know that? The fact is that I have been living through this century…150 years to be more precise.

       While some of you think that I would look like a bag of bones like what a 150 years old would look like, I actually look exactly the same for the past 132 years as an 18 years old girl. Before you accuse me of witchcraft, I would like to say that I’m not the only one with the eternal youth. For the past century, the entire human race haven’t be able to age. Well, the rest of the human race anyway.

       Why am I saying this? While we stopped aging after reaching a specific age, we are still mortal. By any means, either by nature or the hands of men, people could still die. While some considered our eternal youth as a gift, we considered it as a curse. With a curse came a greater one, one that threatens our existence. The human race was no longer able to reproduce. With that, we are the last generation of the human race.

       On the other hand, the human race is not the only one which changed. The entire world also changed. At the year 3000, there was ‘The Mundi Transfigure’. Continents shifted and the climate changed drastically. It wiped out half of the human race. At the aftermath, continents are broken either into a single island or a system of islands. With that, the ecosystem also changed. The once great beasts that ruled the skies, land and sea were replaced by Faunas, monsters similar to the former beasts.

       As the human race now live in peace, I feared that someday, there will be something greater than ‘The Mundi Transfigure’ that will wipe out the rest of humanity. From the storybooks I borrowed from the library, I often read about the Wielder, warriors who wield extraordinary powers to protect the human race from annihilation. If only he is real…

       In reality, we no longer living in the old ruins of Earth but surviving in the new world of Zepherium Magna, named after Zapheus Marda, the man who led the surviving human race to its current state after ‘The World Transformation’.”

-       - Charlotte Mana Angela