2

2

       Exiting the church, he noticed the escaped people from the church were staring at him but his focus was at the parcel he kept in his bag. On the bright side, I’m standing on the island of Centra Nova where Central was supposed to be. Bad news is that Crystles are here. I guess my delivery has to be delayed, thought the boy. Suddenly, he heard a noise from behind. Hidden blade extended, he turned around and faced the assailant, only ended up frightening the girl he just saved from the claws of the Gemis.

       Shaking, the girl asked, “Excuse me, I just wanted to thank you for fighting those…things. Who knows what’ll happen if you didn’t showed up and found them out? It would be a massacre in there.” Although she was shaking, the girl’s voice was calm and steady.

       “Wish I could say the same for that couple. Getting killed in the happiest day of their lives,” said the boy as he retracted the hidden blade.

       “At least it’s better than getting turned into those things. I…”

       Curious, the boy asked her, “What’s wrong?”

       “Moments before the ceremony, I saw the priest turned into that creature you fought and stabbed the choir group. Since then, they been acting weirdly. Even my friend, Houki, didn’t recognize me. Then in the ceremony, they changed into those things you called Gemis…” Before she could continue the conversation, the girl broke down in tears.

       The boy wanted to comfort her but something else was on his mind. Shaking away those thoughts, he put his hand at her shoulder. “I’m sorry for your loss,” he said.

       “It’s alright, I want to thank you instead. One of those Gemis you destroyed was Houki,” said the girl as she looked up, tears welling up in her eyes. “Please, I want you to tell me about those Gemis, that creature that turned Houki into one of them. You seemed to know a lot about them.”

       “Sorry but the people with that knowledge usually either ended up dead or turned into a Gemi to be later killed by me”

       “I’m not asking you. I’m BEGGING you. I just don’t want any more people ended up like Houki.”

       The boy was stunned at her words. The words she said was similar to a vow he took many years ago. He looked at the girl again. Tears were still flowing from her eyes but her face was that of full determination to destroy the threat that turned her friend into a monster.

     Sighed, the boy gave in. “Fine but I’ll need you to do me a favour.”

      The girl jumped up, both delighted and curious. “What’ll that favour be?” she asked.

       The boy took the parcel from his bag and showed the address attached to it to the girl. “Do you know where I can reach this address? It written that it’s somewhere in Central,” he said.