car rides & curly fries

10 minutes.

That's how long I've been waiting for Cara to come out of her house and get into my car so that we could go to school together. But then I saw something catch my eye. There was a guy that was rushing out of Cara's bedroom window. My heart sank because I had no idea that she was seeing someone and I envied him so quickly.

Seconds later Cara appeared, she began to tie her Coldplay shirt in the front so that part of her stomach was showing. Her black ripped jeans really pulled her outfit together and hugged her curves perfectly. And her gorgeous blonde hair was lightly moving as she did.

"Did I take long?" She asks once she buckles her seatbelt.

"No. I just got here." I lied, my mind going back to that guy who came from her window.

"You're bringing me back home." She said as I drove off.

"What makes you think you can demand me to do something?"

"Oh it's the least you can do. You invaded my privacy blah, blah, blah." I couldn't help but laugh as she tried to mimic my mother.

"Fair enough." I shrug. "You have a nice back." I regretted what I said as soon as I said.

"We've lived next door from each other for years. Always been to the same school. How come you never said hi?" Cara asks me while she plays with her face in the rear view mirror.

"Say hi to someone like you?" I smirk.

She scoffed playfully. "Oh, someone like me?" She smiled. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You smoke, sneak out of the house, break the rules. Cara you are a badass."

"Hm." She smiled cockily. "Cara Badass Delevingne. I like it."

Soon we were in the school parking lot. "Thank you...." She dragged out.

"Kendall."

"I knew your name." She smiles a little. "Just wanted you to say it because you sound hot."

My cheeks began to burn and I could practically feel the redness. She opened the car door, swinging her backpack around her shoulder.

When she walked into the school building I made sure I had everything with me before leaving the car.

There was a few quick taps against my window. I jumped and let out a breath of relief once I saw who it was. Rolling down the window as I rolled my eyes, I gave the person an ear full right away. "Don't do that! You scared me half to death you know, it's too early for this."

Harry, who couldn't hold in his laughter, just tried to calm me down. "Relax. Didn't mean to get you all riled up, love."

He smiles and opens my car door. After I get out he closes the door behind me and I lock it. "Thank you, you're such a gentleman." I say sarcastically.

He chuckles and put his arm around my neck. "Heard we have a sub for first hour."

I smile and wrap my arm around his back. "Thank the heavens." By now we were already in the school building and we were walking to our lockers which was pretty far from the entrance.

"I also heard you dropped Cara off to school today."

Okay, why was my heart beating fast? "You heard that? She literally just got out my car two seconds ago."

"So it's true?" He stops once we made it to our lockers which were side by side.

"Yeah. No big deal."

"You like her." He nudges me. "How's it not?"

"Not so loud the whole school could hear."

"Stop trying to change to subject."

"Okay, I like her. Yes, it's a big deal but I think she has a boyfriend. Saw some guy sneak out of her window this morning." I grabbed a few notebooks and searched for my trig book while glancing at Harry once in a while. "And she probably doesn't even like girls."

"Kendall, listen to me." My eyes were now glued to his. "You're my best friend and I'm gonna say what I would say to one of my mates. Talk to her until she wants you and no one else."

-

After school I patiently waited for Cara to come out. It's been exactly seven minutes. Why does she always have to make me wait ages for her?

Finally, she came out and did a little jog over to my car. "Excuse my lateness." She smiled.

I smiled back. I couldn't help it. Seeing her made up for whatever anger I had. "It's fine." I said before taking off.

Cara turned the music up that was playing from the radio and started to dance in her seat. She swung her head and strands of her hair gracefully fell in front of her face. She would move them away every time it happened. I would rather watch her completely than have my eyes fixated on the road.

All of a sudden I heard Cara's stomach growl over the music and she looked at me, completely embarrassed. I laughed and she turned the music down and sat back in the seat.

"Someone's hungry." I finally said once my laughter died down.

"Maybe a little. I never have time to eat breakfast and like the fucking idiot I am, I decided to ditch lunch."

"Hey, it's okay." I look at her once we were stopped by a red light. "We'll stop and get some curly fries. I'm always hungry after school anyway."

-

Cara and I decided to eat our fries in my car, parked in front of her house.

She dug her hand into the brown bag and then took it right back out.

"Something wrong?" I ask her.

"They're way too hot. Can you blow them and feed them to me?"

She sounded absolutely ridiculous and I was going to say no but she was being too cute. So I took a fry from her bag and blew it. "You're such a baby."

She ate the fry that was once between my fingers. "Aw, did you just call me baby?" She smirked.

I scoffed. "You wish." Being the weirdo I am noticed that she had salt in the corner of her mouth so I wiped it away with my own hand. And she looked me in my eyes for what felt like forever.

When my hand was gone from her face she grabbed her bag. "I'm gonna go inside now." She stepped out the car and she bent down and stuck her head through the window a little. "Catch ya later, peeping Tom." She smiled and walked away.

"Hey! It was an accident!" I yelled out to her.

"Oh, whatever." She yelled back at me before she went into her house.