i think you're good for me

The ride to the café we went to before school was really nice. It wasn't at all awkward or quiet since we had opened up to each other a little last night.

When we had our coffee and muffins we decided to take a seat at a table in the corner. Cara didn't hesitate on eating her blueberry muffin, crumbs falling from her lips as she stuffed her face. "I love muffins." She informed me.

"I see." I giggled and took a small bite from my chocolate chip muffin.

In a matter of seconds she was done with her muffin and she started washing it down with some of her coffee. "I got an idea."

"And what's that?" I took a sip of coffee while my eyes never left her mischievous looking face.

"We should ditch school."

I shook my head immediately, already knowing how bad things would turn out for me if we did. "You don't understand. I have AP classes and I have—"

"You need to relax, it's just one day. Have you ever done anything bad in your life?"

"No. Never." I confessed.

"Then you're going to have the best day of your life today."

Cara ended up driving my car and I had no idea where she was taking us. I was more worried about how my parents would react when they find out that I had ditch school.

"It's been 30 minutes since first hour started." I said looking down at my lock screen.

"It's official, you skipped school." She smirked. "With me."

"Harry's calling." I sighed and answered quickly. "Hello?"

"Kendall? Where are you?" His voice sounded very concerned on the other end.

"I'm with Cara. She wanted to ditch and she didn't want to be alone." The more I said it the more bad and scared I felt.

"Are you okay? You sound.... scared."

I laughed, burying my face in the palm of my hand. "I am. How are you talking to me?"

"Oh, I went to the bathroom. You have perfect attendance and I was kind of freaking out."

"Well I'm fine. Just don't know where she's taking me, she's currently driving my car." I said looking over at her and she looked at me for a second before looking back at the road.

"Have fun. Let me know everything, love."

He hung up after that and I slouched into my seat. "You're torturing me."

She only smiled and before I knew it we were in front of a big modern library. "We're at a library?" I asked confusingly.

"Yeah, I need help with the homework I didn't do yesterday. And then I need help with everything else school related." She looked vulnerable and nervous. This was the first time I had ever seen her like this. It was really cute, seeing that she wanted to get her work done and that she wanted my help. Whether she was using me for my brain and car or not, she chose me.

The round table that we were seated at was filled with open books, spirals, highlighters, pens, and pencils. It's been about two hours and so far not only did we finish the homework Cara got yesterday but a whole two weeks worth of homework that was incomplete, just laying around in her backpack.

"I feel smarter." She smiled and ran her hands through the front of her hair. "Thank you, Kendall."

I looked her and I'm pretty sure there was a twinkle in my eye. I was lost for words, honestly.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She chuckled lightly.

"You called me Kendall."

"I sure did, Peeping Tom."

"Come here." She stood to her feet and took my hand in hers, leading us both in between these two high bookshelves. We both sat down on the navy blue carpet and leaned our heads against the books.

"Why are we sitting here?" I whispered.

"I've seen this in movies and never been in a library before so I thought I'd give it a try." She shrugged, her cheeks now a tint of red.

I nodded letting her know that I understood but I really wanted to tell her how adorable she was being. "I don't feel bad about skipping school now. Going to the library instead of school seems like something I would do." I chuckled.

"If I told my parents they wouldn't even believe me."

"What are your parents like?"

"They want the best for me but I'm the rebellious child they can't control." She sighed. "So they ignore me most of the time and they're barely home. They care what I do but at the same time they don't. They're just used to me. But of course they want me to change."

"You're fine just the way you are." I didn't mean for that to slip out. Well, the way that I said it. My voice sounded too sweet.

"So are you." She smiled. "I just want you to know that I'm not trying to change you in any way, just trying to loosen you up and let you have some fun once in a while."

My lips curved into a smile and I hummed. "Yeah, I know."

She wrapped her arm around my neck, pulling me into her vanilla and cigarette scented body. "I think you're good for me." She said just above a whisper.