[V] GOODBYES

Maya went to Star Labs for one reason only, and it wasn't to say goodbye. She went there to collect the beautiful suit that Cisco had made her, because she would need it if she was going to be fighting crime throughout history. She hoped the facility would be empty, so she wouldn't have to face the people she was leaving. She was sure if she tried to explain to them why she had to go, that her resolve would crumble and she would end up staying. Maya's luck held for a while, she was able to slip in unnoticed, and she got all the way to the main room, where her suit was stored. 

Then her plan fell apart. 

Maya heard voices coming down the hall and she panicked. She felt her heart rate speed up and she had to stop and close her eyes. Focusing on her breathing always helped her calm down. The voices got closer, and she accepted the fact that she would be saying goodbye to her friends after all.

"Maya? What are you doing here this late?"

"I could ask you the same thing Cisco," Maya countered as she turned to face him.

"Barry and I are working. What about you?"

Maya inhaled sharply, mentally preparing to drop the bombshell on them. "I came here to get my suit, I'm leaving Central City."

Even with Barry's super speed, it took him a while to digest what the woman in front of him was saying. "You're leaving?"

"Yeah."

"What the hell Maya! We're a team, you can't just pack up and go, we need you here. I can't do this without you!"

Maya smiled sadly, "I've been recruited by a time traveler to join a new team. Apparently we screwed up killing Vandal Savage, because he comes back to life. I need to go so I can fight him throughout history, before he conquers the world in a hundred years."

Maya almost laughed at the shock on their faces, and their mouths hanging open like fly traps. "This guy gathered all of us together and showed us the future. It was horrible, worse than anything The Reverse Flash or Zoom could do. I have to stop that from happening. You guys don't really need me here, they do. I'm leaving, and I don't know if I'm ever coming back."

Barry was shaking his head, "You can't go, May."

Tears threatened to spill onto her cheeks, but she made herself stay strong. "I'm not a hero Barry, I'll never be like The Flash. You got something beautiful when the particle accelerator went off, I didn't. You can save Central City without me."

"If you leave now we'll never be able to stop Zoom." 

"I'm sorry Cisco, but I've watched you and Caitlin and Barry overcome every obstacle you've ever faced. Zoom isn't going to be any different. You'll figure something out, and you won't need me."

Barry's voice almost cracked asking his next question, "You're really leaving us?"

Maya nodded, she knew if she spoke she would break down. 

"Who's the new team then?" Cisco asked curiously.

"Kendra and Carter, Stein and Jax, Snart and Rory, and two other people I've never met before."

"You're joining a team with Captain Cold and Heatwave?" 

She shrugged, "If they decide to go, then yes."

"Have you lost your mind, Maya? They're criminals!"

"You're acting like I'm better than them. Newsflash Ramon; I'm not. Now I've made up my mind, and you're not going to change it. I'm saying goodbye."

Cisco bit the inside of his cheek to keep from arguing any more with his friend before she left. 

"When are you going?" Barry asked.

"I'm leaving in the morning."

The speedster nodded sadly, "Don't get yourself killed alright?" 

Maya smiled as he pulled her into a hug that didn't come close to lasting as long as she wanted. Then she turned to Cisco, "I can bring the suit with me right?" 

He nodded, then his eyes widened as if he had just remembered something important. He rushed past her to a cupboard where he kept all his prototypes. "I've been working on something to help you shoot more concentrated bursts of energy, they might come in handy at some point." He pulled out a pair of black gloves that matched the suit he had made for her. 

He started to explain the science behind them, but every word flew right over Maya's head. When Cisco finished, he grabbed her suit and handed it to her with the gloves resting on top. "Good luck, Maya."

She went to hug him, and he gasped. 

"What? Is something wrong?" She asked, pulling away from him immediately. 

Cisco played off his shock beautifully, shaking his head. "No, I just realized I almost forgot to say: May-a the force be with you."

Maya rolled her eyes at the joke, not thinking anymore of his reaction to direct contact with her. 

"Tell Cait I'm sorry I missed her" 

Then she was gone, off to save the future. 

She would never know what Cisco had seen when he vibed her.