[VII] WAVERIDER PT.2

The ship was even more impressive on the inside. Maya's eyes were wide with wonder as she walked around, canvasing every crevice. She didn't understand any of the science Stein was talking with the man who's name she had learned was Ray. All she knew was that at some point she was going to have to set aside some time to explore everything more thoroughly, because at the moment she was following Rip to what she assumed was the main room; the headquarters of the ship. 

A whole new life lay around the corner and through the doors up ahead. 

Cisco would lose his mind if he saw this, Maya thought to herself as the room came into view. She heard Mick say something about roofies to Stein, but she was too enthralled to care very much about it. Everyone else had similar looks on their faces, but Maya hardly noticed. 

This is amazing, she thought just before Kendra said, "I've never seen anything like this before."

"Neither have I, and considering I have four thousand years of memories, that's saying something." What Carter said sounded a little like bragging to Maya, but she figured that since he had died over two hundred times she wouldn't comment on it.

"How does a vessel this size function without a crew?" Stein asked.

"Oh I don't need one, I have Gideon." 

The name made Maya uneasy, but the feeling passed as soon as the holographic head appeared in front of her and started to speak. "Welcome aboard. I am Gideon, an interactive intelligence programmed to operate this vessels electrical systems, and aid Captain Hunter in his mission." 

"Captain?" Maya asked skeptically. 

"Gideon has been helping me work on locating Savage."

"I thought you said he was pretty active in the twenty second century?" Ray questioned the Brit.

"Um, not to be rude but maybe we shouldn't try to fight him at the height of his power. I don't see a way that ends well for any of us," Maya said.

"Indeed," Rip said, nodded to the brunette woman who was smarter than she looked. "Unfortunately, Savage has kept his movements hidden throughout history. Not even Gideon can determine exactly where or when we would find him. But I have the next best thing; the man who can. Professor Aldous Boardman, he is the world's leading, and only, expert on Savage. We're going to pay him a little visit."

"Course plotted for Saint Roch. October seventeenth, nineteen seventy-five." Gideon's animated voice spoke.

"Now I suggest you all strap yourselves in. Temporal navigation isn't something you want to be standing up for."

Maya rushed to an open seat and carefully lowered the harness over her head. To one side of her Ray was doing the same thing, and on the other, was the blond woman who's name she hadn't learned yet. 

"Time travel . . . cool." Mick said as he fastened himself in next to Snart. 

"Now some of you may experience some slight discomfort, and in some very rare incidents there will be bleeding form the eyeballs."

"I'm sorry, what?" Maya exclaimed.

"The human body is used to time unfolding linearly, so this will be a bit of an adjustment." Rip said as the lights turned blue and the ship shuddered, lifting up into the air. 

As they gained altitude, Maya noticed Jefferson starting to wake up. She did not envy what he was about to go through. 

"WHAT THE-?" The young man shouted as he realized where he was. He started to undo his harness and Rip shook his head vigorously, "Oh no, I wouldn't do that if I were you!"

"Get me off this, whatever this thing is!" Jefferson continued to struggle in his seat. 

"Good luck explaining this Stein," Maya said humorously, trying to distract herself from the pain that was beginning to affect her.

"I did him a favor," The professor argued. 

"He doesn't look all that grateful."

"Everybody just hang on and remain calm." Rip spoke as his chair swiveled around to face the front of the ship. "All of your worlds are about to change."