Prologue

This is a sequel to TTBB and I am sorry it took so long of a wait, I just literally forgot about this book to be completely honest. But it's back! If the bio says some weird shit please forgive me, I think I was going to use this book for something else till I just figured I'd use this title for the sequel.

~Megan~

-5 Years later-

"Mommy why is grandma so mean to me?" My almost 5 year old daughter, Lena asked.

"Sh-she isn't being mean," I lied, "Shes just very upset right now." I ran my fingers through her long curly hair.

"She mad at me?" Her eyes filled with sadness.

I half smiled and shook my head. She sighed heavily and ran off to play with her American Girl dolls.

Everyday since the day Lena was born my mom has been a complete bitch. She wasn't there for her birth, she wasn't there when she said her first words. It's like she doesn't even care about her, about us!

Lena looks like Liam, brown hair, gray eyes, a little dimple. Everytime I look at her I can't help but fill with sadness.

I miss Liam I really do. He was everything to me although he was rude and disgusting to me when we first met but who cares! He was still hot but he was idiotic.

Every day after daycare Lena used to come up to me and asked me,

"Mommy all the other little kids have mommys and daddys, wheres my daddy?"

I usually tell her he's off in the military because that's what I always imagined Liam doing, fighting for our country. But honestly, I have no clue what he's up to because I have no way to contact him. My mom won't let me buy a phone considering I am 21 years old now and I'm able to make my own decisions but she's real fucked up in the head and treats me like a kid. I wanna get up and walk out with my daughter but it's not as easy as you think.

Although she's rude and evil, she's been feeding me and keeping a roof over my head and it's hard to find a job because we live SO FAR from a good job that can provide support for me and my kid.

You're probably wondering about Mr.Steel, my father. Yeah well he once again walked out of my life about 3 years ago after he was found cheating on my mother. And guess who he was cheating with, his mothers friend Maybel.

After the divorce, or breakup, what ever is was my mom was depressed for a whole 4 months. She started drinking and verbally abusing me. I learned to just deal with but when she does it around Lena, let me tell you I grow about 6 balls in between my legs and I smack her with it.

My thoughts were interrupted by Lena running back into my bedroom crying.

"Whats wrong baby?" I picked her up and sat her on my lap and hugged her tightly.

"I- I wish i had a daddy like those other kids in school." She cried out.

I began rocking her a little faster and rubbing her back.

"Lena, he's just out fighting the bad guys's he will be home soon." My voice cracked.

I hated seeing her like this and there was nothing i could do to change it.

"Does daddy know me though."

I didn't answer.

Not because I didn't know what to say because he does know her, he just never seen her before.

It was silent for a while, Lenas sniffling stop and I just stared at the wall holding back tears.

"Mommy?" She questioned.