Chapter 5

•Megan•

Luck is just not on my side today.

Well, maybe it is but it's being a little bitch.

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm located in the middle of no where and it's hard to get good signal in this damned area.

"I'll call him back and see if that works?" Tyler suggested.

I nodded my head knowing that we'd be out of luck. I mean, I was lucky enough to even hear his voice and I'm a little grateful for that. But, there was something that wasn't there when I heard his voice. The spark that used to appear when we talked wasn't there. It's like I grew away from him and the only thing that's keeping us "together" is Lena.

But I'm never gonna admit that because deep down I know I still love him.

"Nope." Tyler said as he hit his phone against his hand.

"Was that Santa we were talking to?" Lena randomly asked.

"Didn't we just say it was your father?" Tyler looked down to her.

She stared at him confused, shrugged her shoulders, then walked out of the room.

**
°Liam°

The next day

"Calm down Liam I'm literally around the fucking corner." Tyler groaned into the phone. "I would've gotten here quicker if there werent so many prostitutes in the area."

I sucked my teeth and fell back onto the matress. "Alright Tyler."

Its been a week since I actually spoke to Megan and I have literally been calling Tyler endlessly to no avail until yesterday night when he told me he wasnt with her and he'd be coming to me. I told him to just simply tell me where Megan lived but he said he forgot because if he remembered he would've went back and brought her to see me.

I know, I seem hella desperate but what would you do when you get the opportunity to see the love of the life and the kid the two of you produced?

As I hung up the phone Brent asked, "Is he coming?"

I stared at him blankly before sitting up on the bed and putting my shoes on.

"You know we can't have this hotel room for any longer right because sooner or later we'll run out of money." Julia said as she filed her nails.

I honestly don't give a shit. I spent my life savings to come and see her and even if all my money goes away I want to see her. My only goal is to see Megan and my daughter and take them back home. That's it.

"Yes, he's coming Brent." I sighed. "And Julia shut up."

"Liam don't tell her to shut up, how about you stop being a pissy little bitch and go find her yourself, we came here for you man and you don't have to be a bitch." He spat.

I stood up from the bed, grabbed my bags, keys, and wallet. I walked out the door without looking back.

"Liam!" Julia called out from across the hall. "Tyler said he's coming and if you wanna see Megan sooner I suggest you not leave!"

I ignored her comment, and continued walking towards the exit.

"Hope you had a lovely day Holidays Inn Expres-"

"Shut the fuck up." I grunted at the door monitor.

• Julia•

"Kyle get the fucking door." Brent grunted in his pillow.

Kyle sat up from his chair and glared at Brent. "Who do I look like Brent? A doorman? No you're closer so you go and get it, hoe."

I chuckled at his comment and watched as Brent dramatically sat up from his pillow and stared at Kyle.

"I know you're not talking to me like that, I will best your ass again."

The knocking on the door became louder and quicker. While the boys were going back and fourth arguing, I decided that I will just answer the door. I got up from the bed and wrapped the sheet around my waist and opened the door. I was greeted by a accidental push to the floor and Tyler who invited in on Brent and Kyles argument.

"What's your problem!" I shouted to Tyler.

He looked back at me and said, "Oh hey Julia, didn't see you there."

I rolled my eyes and Tyler began arguing with the boys.

"You sons of roaches! I told you to make sure Liam doesn't leave!"

"I told him not to l-" Tyler cut me off.

"What does he know about Nevada! What does he know anything! He doesn't even know where Megan is at! She's in such an isolated region he'd get lost!" He practically yelled.

We all stayed quiet. There was an awkward tension flying around the room.

"Maybe we can find him?" Kyle shrugged his shoulders.

Tyler placed his fingers on his temples, possibly releasing stress. "I need a fucking cigarette, just when I stop you people make me wanna relapse."

He paced back and fourth around the room before resting on the couch across from the three of us. "You good bro? I'm pretty sure there's a liquor store somewhere around here if you need anything?" Brent asked.

"I'm not drinking again, I'm not smoking again. After what I did to Kayla," He sighed. "No."

Who's Kayla? And what did he do to her. I looked towards Brent hoping he would tell me or at least hint to what happened, but he didn't.

"Maybe we can find Liam at Megan's house?" I suggested wanting to change the topic.

"I never gave him the address, but I think I kinda get the gist of where she lives which is why I wanted you people to keep him
Guard in here, but maybe we can go to Megan and her child and bring them here. But we may need a lot of gas just Incase we get lost." Tyler said.

"Well then let's get the fuck going." Kyle flew from his seat and exited the room.

I grabbed my shoes and sweater and walked aside Brent while Tyler and Kyle walked ahead of us.

"What if we don't find her, what if something tragic happens to Liam?" I whispered to Brent.

He wrapped his arms around the arch of my back and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"We will, and trust me the last thing that will happen to Liam is something tragic." He reassured.

Hey guys sorry for a short chapter this took me so long to update and I am absolutely sorry. I have been busy but on top of that I had an insane writers block and I didn't wanna give you guys bullshit. I asked for suggestions like filler chapters but no one gave me any suggestions so that kinda sucked. Anyways idk when the next update will be but I hope you guys enjoyed.

And I will ask this again. GIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS BOOK LIKE SHOLD I ADD FILLER CHAPTERS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT IN ORDER TO PASS TIME SINCE INTAKE SO LONG TO UPDATE?!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter