Chapter 6

Me and Drizzlepaw were out hunting with Sunpaw, Nightpaw, and Yellowstripe. Most of the the leaves had fallen making it hard to hunt prey without warning it. It had been two moons since we saw any sign of the rouges, everything had been peaceful and quiet, but everyone was still on edge. Always looking out for sign of trouble, most of the apprentices would jump if they heard something in the bush's or the sound of paw steps. As leafbare was coming to an end we kept a look out for foxes and badgers. So far no one had spotted any signs of them in our territory.

     Yellowstripe took the lead as we headed down the trail that led the way out of camp. Moonstar said that all apprentices had to have at least one experienced warrior with them at all times when leaving camp. So when the four of us volunteered to hunt they stuck us with the next available warrior. Of course since only one warrior was available we had to hunt in one large group. Which of course would probably scare off all of the prey around us. Making it impossible to catch anything. But then again I could be wrong.

     Once we reached our hunting spot we split up into groups of two Me and Sunpaw, & Drizzlepaw and Nightpaw. While Yellowstripe watched and checked on each group every once in a while. We each caught a few pieces of prey and had a hard time carrying it. On our way back to camp we stopped to rest in what could be the last warm rays of sun for a long time. We were about to continue towards camp when Nightpaw stopped "Do any of you smell that?" She asked and sniffed the air. We all copied her and our fur spiked up as we caught a whiff of a familiar scent. It was a fox, we picked up our prey and moved on going as fast as we could to report it to Moonstar when suddenly the bush's shook and a fox jumped out.

     It was large and had many scars, being the oldest and most experienced in the group Drizzlepaw and Yellowstripe jumped in front of us and started moving in sync to attack it. The fox was vicious and grabbed Yellowstripe by the neck and tossed him at a tree. After that me, Sunpaw, and Nightpaw joined Drizzlepaw and helped drive it away, hopefully sending it over the border. Me and Nightpaw agreed to go get some warriors to help carry Yellowstripe, when he got knocked into the tree his shoulder was dislocated and he couldn't move very well.

     When we got to camp we found it empty except for four warriors, two came with us to help while the other two stayed in case the fox found its way into camp. Me and the rest of the apprentices had a few scratches but nothing was too bad, when we got to camp we visited Willowleaf and she treated our scratches. And told us to get some rest, so we went to our nests and slept.

______________________________________________________________________

Hi my fellow writers, and current readers of my book. I'm sorry I didn't add any conversations to this chapter but I was tired and I just felt like doing more action than talking. Well that's all for now. Mintfang out~