Chapter 8

I woke up and stretched in my nest and looked around, almost everyone was still asleep except I saw a couple empty nests. "Nightpaw and Sunpaw must of had the pleasure of going on the dawn patrol with their mentors." A voice said scaring me. I turned around and saw Drizzlepaw sitting up purring with amusement as he realized he scared me. "Why in Starclan did you have to scare me like that?" I hissed quietly careful to not wake up the others. His whiskers twitched and he came closer and gently licked the top of my head. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I thought you noticed I was awake." He spoke quietly and shook my head and flicked his should with my tail tip and then walked into the clearing. Drizzlepaw followed and then headed straight for the freshkill pile while I decided to bask in the morning sunlight until Ivyheart woke up.

     Not very long passed before Ivyheart and Drizzlepaw mentor Yellowstripe exited the warriors den and they padded up to me and Drizzlepaw. "Hey Ivyheart what are we doing today?" I asked and she gave me an amused look before speaking. "Today YOU'RE going to check the elders for ticks and get them fresh moss while me, Yellowstripe, and Drizzlepaw go hunting." Drizzlepaw flashed me a sympathetic look, "Okay I'll get started on that." I said quickly trying to hide my disappointment, "Good luck hunting." I said before practically running to the elder's den.

     I walked in and I saw Poppyfern and Hawkthorn telling stories of their warrior adventures to Hollykit and Featherkit. Grayclaw looked up at me for a moment and then said "Have you come to check for ticks or gather Hollykit and Featherkit? Either way I'll be a happier elder." he grumbled as Poppyfern opened her mouth "Grayclaw! Quit being such a grump about us telling stories to the kits. If you don't like it then why don't you go outside for once, you've been cooped up for moons." she stated in a harsh voice but her eyes glimmered. "I don't want to go out. I just want to be able to have some peace and quiet for once." He practically growled. Hawkthorn looked at me "Don't mind him he's just a big grump." she said lightheartedly. I looked at him "I'm just here to check for ticks and get you fresh bedding, I won't disturb you for very long." He looked satisfied until Hollykit spoke. "Poppyfern can you finish telling us the story?" she asked impatiently. "Of course!" she replied and continued with her story.

     After I was done with the elders I went to the freshkill pile and grabbed a vole from the night before. I ate it quickly and then decided to go back and get more sleep until Ivyheart got back from hunting. Wearily I walked back to the apprentice's den and walked in, I saw Nightpaw and Sunpaw curled up in their nests beside mine and I gently leaped over them to my nest and got comfortable, I slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

     By the time I woke up it was moon-high and everyone else was in their nests. I tried going back to sleep but it seemed useless so I headed out of camp and down to the stream. I sat down and just stared at the glimmering water. It seemed like I was there forever when suddenly I heard a twig snapping, I jumped up and turned around quickly "Who's there?!" I yelled but no one replied.

     Not even a minute later I heard another twig snapped and I saw a large fox in the bushes. It walked forward growling and I realized this was the same vicious fox that attacked me Drizzlepaw, Sunpaw, Nightpaw, and Yellowstripe not even a moon ago. I hissed and slashed at its nose before running towards camp before I realized I would lead it straight into camp and put everyone in danger so I whipped around and ran towards the Forestclan border. The fox was only a tail length away from me and it kept getting closer and closer.

     I was getting tired and couldn't run much farther so I made a decision turned and faced the fox slashing at it and nipping its leg while it screeched in furry. Suddenly it lunged at me and its jaws grasped my spine and it threw me up it the air and caught me before throwing me to the ground making me screech in pain. Suddenly its attention was diverted from me and three warriors burst through the scarce undergrowth and attacked it. I tried to identify them and I realized these were the Forestclan warriors Flametail, Ivytail, and Owlclaw. They hissed in fury and attacked the fox viciously and Flametail along with Ivytail chased it off while Owlclaw stayed guarding me. I tried to stay awake but the world kept getting darker and darker before it all faded into black.

______________________________________________________________________

Ooh cliffhanger ;) I'll continue this in the next chapter but not as Mintpaw. Also please comment! I enjoy your feedback :)