Chapter 4: Drop-Zone

Caribbean Sea
July 22, 20:08 ECT

The team were flying towards Santa Prisca in Megan's bio-ship, fully uniformed and stoically silent.

Batman had finally given them their first real mission, and it was to covertly do some recon on a factory where Venom, the infamous super-steroid, was being developed.

When asked who would be leading the operation, Batman said they had to decide, and it was a tough decision to make.

Miss Martian and Superboy were easily ruled out as they were new to the hero deal, and Kid Flash, while experienced, lacked the maturity to be a leader.

Supergirl, being the eldest and having been trained in all kind of combat on Krypton, Earth, Themyscira and Apokolips, had the necessary training to lead, but was still fairly new to Earth herself.

Aqualad, however, was a constant source of calmness and maturity, and would often mediate the immaturity of the others, but could he be too nice, after all, door mats can't lead.

And Robin had been trained for years by Batman, who had instilled complete cardinal values of justice and fairness into his protege, but Robin was still young, and his pseudo-title was evidence of this. The BoyWonder, didn't exactly scream leader.

All three had qualifications, but who had the bestqualifications?

"Guys" Supergirl suddenly spoke, "I see the island"

"Drop-Zone A in thirty," Miss Martian confirmed.

"Ready," Aqualad and Kara chorused. They each stood and pressed small buttons on their belts, which turned their costumes black and grey, Supergirl's cape now off for transport purposes "I don't know why I wear that anyway." She said.

The two jumped out of the ship as it flew low over the water, and dived into the ocean as Kaldur didn't need to breath while underwater, and Kara could hold her breath indefinitely.

They swam towards the island, avoiding mines floating in the water, and came to a net of sorts, which Kaldur easily cut using a water blade.

They swam up to the shore and quickly placed a hacking device into a piece of machinery. "Heat and motion sensors are patched. Data is now on a continuous loop. Move in." The Atlantean called over his comm.

The pair began making their way through the jungle, with Supergirl using her enhanced vision to keep an eye out for hostiles.

When a voice crackled over their comms, telling them that the others had reached their drop point, the pair stopped.

"Head for the factory," Aqualad told the others. "I'll check your GPS and rendezvous ASAP."

"So, Kaldur, any thoughts on a suitable team leader?" Asked Kara

"Maybe later, but for now we should focus" he told her, the girl nodded in agreement.

The sound of gunfire cutting through the jungle drew their attention, and they ran towards the source, along the trees for stealth's sake.

"So much for covert" Supergirl muttered as they came across a swampy clearing where the others had just knocked out several armed goons. Superboy stood over an unconscious Bane.

Suddenly, two armed men ran at them, wearing red robes that looked like cobra heads.

Kaldur jumped down in front of one and shocked him, crushing the man's gun.

Kara flew down to the other and froze his gun and hands together, before uppercutting him away. Both gave pointed looks, and tied up the downed thugs to trees.