Chapter 12: Revelation

Mount Justice
October 1, 18:13 EDT

"C'mon kids, we should meet up with the rest of the team" Kara was standing in between Artemis and Wally. She was trying and almost failing to separate them after a fight had broken out over Wally's... something.

"We're not that much younger than you" the redhead pointed out before rolling his eyes and following the apathetic alien out of the room.

In the ops/combat area, Robin and Aqualad were standing side by side, having just finished sparring, and seemed to be conversing about the three that just entered, while Superboy, Wolf, and Miss M stood off to the side, and Captain Marvel ate some kind of chocolate bar next to Zatara.

"So if Zatara's our babysitter of the week, why is he still here?" The speedster complained about the Captain "And why is he eating my snacks?!"

"Recognized: Batman: 0-2."

"Computer, national news," Batman entered the cave, and a hologram showing a news report came on.

"The initial attack was short-lived, but Metropolis was only granted a short reprieve." A shot of a giant plant with tentacles smashing the city up. "And despite the intervention of Superman and the Justice League, there seems to be no end in sight."

"Should we get out there?" Robin asked his mentor.

"No," Batman said. "The League will soon have the situation under control, that's not why I'm here. According to your intel, Sportsmaster supplied Cadmus Blockbuster formula to Kobra."

"Then they combined it with Bane's Venom to create the Kobra Venom" Kara supplied, nodding.

"Which the Brain used to create his animal army," Robin added.

"And upgrade Wolf." Connor patted the giant dog.

"The Brain also used intervention collars likes the ones used at Belle Reve Penitentiary," M'gann continued.

"Batman, is it possible that that plant-thingy's on Kobra Venom too?" Artemis asked.

"I had Green Lantern run a spot analysis," he said, typing on a holographic keyboard. "The vine cellulose does contain a trace of some sort of Kobra Venom variant."

"Coincidence? I think not," Wally said.

"How is this a thing?" Supergirl asked "unrelated criminals are working together on a global scale" she said

"I agree, it is strange" Aqualad agreed.

"It's like some kind of... of... super-secret-society!" Kara said

"Similar plant creatures have sprouted in Gotham City, Paris, Star City, Taipei," Robin said once he pulled up a holographic display of more plant attacks.

"Dude!" Wally complained when the screens went to static.

"It's not me!" The boy Wonder typed furiously. "Someone's cutting the satellite signal! All the satellite signals!"

Then a man's face appeared on screen, and Kara jumped in shock. He had white skin, a big red grin, and green hair.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly schedule mayhem to bring you this important message." The guy pulled a switchblade, and turned the camera to face several other villains. "From theInjustice League!"

The camera zoomed in on the man in front of the group "We are responsible for the attacks on your cities. If you wish to save them, a ransom of ten billion American dollars is required. Delivery instructions have been sent to the United Nations. There is no time limit. But, the longer your governments wait..."