Chapter 15: Disordered

Mount Justice
October 23, 17:02 EDT

The team had gathered in the kitchen and living room of the cave. Why was left unknown, and nothing was said as the heroes silently contemplated the hidden pains Manhunter's exercise had drug to light.

Each held their own issue, whether it be denial of the pain, responsibility for another's pain, or confusion of the way they handled their own pain, the young heroes were hurt.

The doors opened, and Black Canary entered with Martian Manhunter.

"How are you all?" Nobody answered her. "Batman has asked me to hold some one-on-one sessions for you all to discuss what happened and your feelings. Does anybody want to volunteer to go first?" When none of them made to move, Kara stood from her leaning position on the kitchen counter, and nodded at the Leaguer.

She was led into a room she didn't know the cave had. It was complete with green armchairs facing each other, and a small waterfall gushing to one side.

Canary took her place in one seat, and Kara took the other. The girl stared at her hands, wringing them together in nervousness.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" And like that, the flood gates opened.

Kara scrunched her eyes together, feeling the frustration and confusion she had buried away come to light.

"Connor" she admitted.

"What about him?"

"When Superman, when Kal died, I kept thinking about how I was the last Kryptonian, the last of my family"

"But Connor..."

"Didn't even come to mind. It was like he wasn't my cousin, not even my friend, just some thing that had been mad in an underground lab somewhere" the blonde sighed in frustration.

"And then, later, when I was leaving to go fight the aliens, he didn't even protest, like he didn't care that I was going to die surely, and when I thought about it, I decided in the same position, I wouldn't care either, about him dying" he fist clenched, and she looked away.

They were silent for a short while more, and Kara continued to spill her guts about Connor, and how frustrated she was that she didn't"t care about him in the simulation.

Kara left the room and reentered the lounge. Connor stood up, essentially volunteering to go next.

A short while after, she saw Connor walking to the hangar in a rage, and followed. When she found him, he was about to drive off on his motorbike.

"You're not really gonna go out alone?"

He turned to her "leave me alone Kara."

"No Connor, I'm going with you, and you can't stop me" maybe this was a good chance to establish a stronger familial bond with him. She mounted the back of his bike, and he drove it towards the door.

"Red Tornado, hangar door" just as it opened, Sphere rolled out in front of him "Sphere, outta the way!" Wolf came up next to the bike. Suddenly, Sphere transformed into a large three-wheeled motorbike, or motortrike, with three seats for the present 'meat-bags', as the previously dubbed Red Volcano would put it.

The two Supers pulled off their mandatory comms, as Batman would surely try to interrupt this well needed ride, and drove out of the hangar. Moments later, Sphere actually began to fly!

Eastern Seaboard
October 23, 18:04 EDT

They had flown for a while, and soon after they left Mount Justice, Kara decided to fly alongside Sphere, rather than in it. Nothing beat real flight.