Chapter 10: Homefront

Metropolis
September 22, 07:00 EDT
Kara woke up with a start. She was dreaming about her old life on krypton. She realized it was her birthday.
She ran around her apartment getting ready for the day. Lana Lang Kara's roommate came running out of her room.
"Happy birthday Kara!!"
"Thanks Lana."
" i got you something"
The blonde haired girl opened a box inside was a silver neckless with the house of el symbol.
"I love it thank you so much Lana."
"No problem oh and Clark dropped this off for you,"
Kara opened it a new super suit stronger and little bit more modest than her old one.
Just as she opened it a knock sounded at the door kara ran over to see whom or what was there. She opened the door and outside was a box she used her powers to see if she could find the person who left it but no one was around.
Kara warily opened up the box, and pulled out a bracelet. It was thick and silver, with elegant swirled designs on the outside. She tentatively pulled the band on, and only when nothing happened did she finally relax.

"It goes against my better instincts, but i'm gonna risk it for the day" Kara stared at the band "now is that all or?" Lana nodded at the girl's question, and Kara ran back to her room, slipped into her new uniform, and pulled her human disguise on over it, before running out, shouting goodbyes as she went.

As she walked, she contemplated the new life she had made on Earth. Back on Krypton, today would be the day she finally chose a guild to join. She would've worked with her mother in the science guild of course, despite her father and the art guild's insistence. While she felt a pang in her heart at the people she'd never see again, parents included, a smile still crept on her face. Now she had powers, and now she could truly help those in need.

Eventually she came across an alleyway with an old phone box in it. Stepping in, kara brushed aside an old tie and pair of glasses to input her destination, the cave.

"Recognised: Supergirl, B0-4"

Suddenly she was standing in the cave's main ops area, seeing Aqualad in front of her.

"Hey Kaldur, what's up?" She asked, pulling off her disguise.

"Red Tornado just left for monitor duty at the Watchtower" they fell into step on their way to the hangar, where the others most likely were.

"I thought he was pulled off the list to play den mother?"

"He said he was covering, as Green Arrow is on a 'hot date' "

"Hot date?" She chuckled.

"His words, not mine"

"It's Artemis's first day of school, isn't it?" Kara suddenly asked.

"Yes, it is. Do you think with her new responsibilities she will maintain loyalty to the team?" He asked.

"Weird question, but she's a good kid, despite what Wally says"

"And how about you? Are you handling working with the team and your studies in Metropolis well?"

"I admit, it's a bit hard trying to be Supergirl and Kara, but this team, and Supergirl, is my chance to help the people without powers. Feels good to do it."

They entered the hangar, where Wally was kneeling beside Connor's bike, with Connor, M'gann and sphere gathered around.

"Torque wrench" M'gann hovered the item into Wally's hand "thank you green cheeks"

"I have been meaning to ask" Aqualad said as they walked up "any problem juggling schoolwork with your responsibilities here?"

"No" Wally replied "juggling's just one of my talents. Socket wrench"