t w o

Xora | Rani | Zeek

Xora.

I was so used to my man being gone every night, it was sort of awkward when he wasn't. His long, dark arm draped across my toro and I felt my body being pulled back into the warmth of his own. Had this been before he'd ever cheated on me, put hands on me, belittled me, or talked to me as if I should be fed kibbles and bits, I'd show him how much I love him. And as much as I try, I just can't. I can't give that part of me to someone who doesn't even value me as their woman. As the mother of their child. As the person they claim to want to marry. My body didn't yearn for him anymore. I never looked at him with lust anymore, just with eyes that held pain.

I allowed him to trail his hands into my pink satin night shorts, for the sake of my own mediocre satisfaction and his. If not, I'd hear his mouth for the next month about how he shouldn't have to beg his woman for sex. Like, I should have to beg my man for respect.

I could feel his body being lowered and soon found him under the burgundy sheet with his head inching toward my shorts. Pulling them down, he wasted no time diving in. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to push all my negative thoughts aside and focus only on what my body needed at the moment.

With my arms draped around his sweaty neck, and my long slender legs wrapped around his waist, I let out a high pitched moan into his neck as he pounded in and out of me. I could feel him tense up inside of me and I knew that finally we would be able to have a good day.

+++

Weekends were always like a breath of fresh air. I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock, unless you would call Kai my alarm clock. And even then, at least he let me sleep until at least eight. Today though, he was having a daddy son day starting with the barbershop and I was going to enjoy some much needed me time.

I had only two other friends outside of Cherise, my best friend since elementary school, Ava and my best friend since high school, Veronica. Veronica and I were meeting up for a pamper day starting with the nail salon.

"Are you seriously telling me that you don't have orgasms anymore?" Veronica asked in amusement as our feet soaked in the hot tub and the nail technicians did our manicures.

"Will you shut the hell up, Roni. Damn!" I whispered with my head down in embarrassment. Although she wasn't being loud, I felt like everyone around me could hear her.

"I'm just saying, if it has gotten to that point, it's probably time to hang it up."

"Everything is fixable Roni. We just have bigger issues and once those get resolved everything else will fall into place."

"But are they going to get resolved is the question?" she asked and I sighed.

This was going to be a long day if all we did was talk about my relationship. The whole purpose of the outing was to keep my mind off of my problems at home and enjoy the sunny spring day.

I was more than happy when we left out of the nail salon where I was sure everyone knew my business, thanks to big mouth Veronica. Lucky for her, she filled me in on some tea of her own and called us even as we walked and talk to our next destination. The italian restaurant was only a few blocks away from the nail salon.

Being that it was lunch time, it didn't take us long to get seated and have our drinks in front of us. I could hear Roni talking my head off but I found myself stuck in a daydream. I hadn't had eyes for anyone besides Zeek since I met him, but I found myself in a trance hoping that my hard stares were only a product of my imagination. He sat at the table behind Roni's head pulling on his chin hair as if he were deep in thought. His eyes scanned back and forth over a document of some sort as I admired his profile. I tried to divert my attention back to Roni, so that she'd think I never took my attention off of her.