t w e n t y t w o

Anthony.

With my elbows planted firmly on the cheery wood that was my desk, and my clasped fingers resting under my chin, I watched my class take their exams all with bowed heads while I sat in deep thought.

It had been almost a week since I had blown up on Xora, and I didn't even bother to call and bother her with my apologies. She was clearly going through shit that was fucking with her mental and I was supposed to be around for those times when she felt like she had nobody, but instead I had been added to the list.

We used to talk about everything, but now it was like we didn't even know each other. And I knew that was only my fault. I couldn't lie, I missed having her to talk to about everything from my day, to shared lesson plans or politics. She really had become my best friend.

Fear pulled me away from her. A blind man could see that our bond was growing beyond our control, but half of me didn't want that again. I never planned to be with Cherise, it just happened and she fucked my life up. She fucked my life up, put me through hell and stood in my face to tell me it was for no other reason except that she was bored with me. 

I'm a boring ass nigga. I always have been, but if I'm that boring that Cherise had to find that as a form of entertainment, I'm not built for relationships. 

But thinking about it all, I probably could've just told Xora that. She was beyond understanding, but instead, I shot her down and made her feel at fault for my own insecurities. 

"Shit." I mumbled before roughly wiping a hand down my face. I watched a few heads raise to look at me in confusion at my sudden outburst that seemed to be spoken clearly in the quiet room. 

I eyed the gold watch that sat on my wrist before pulling out my phone to shoot Xo a quick text.

To: Xora

Can we talk

Cherise.

For two people who never went a week day without speaking, it was weird that Xora and I conveniently kept missing each other. For the first few days, I didn't say anything about her trying to get with my man. Especially since we hadn't seen each other out of work much lately.

When I was finally ready to give her a piece of my mind, since I couldn't get the situation off of my heart, she conveniently had been out sick for two days. Which is why I stood leaning against the door frame waiting for an answer to the door that I had just viciously knocked on. 

To my surprise, it wasn't her who answered. 

"Yes?" The petite woman asked with a scrunched forehead and her head on tilt like she was preparing herself for a fight.

"I'm looking for Xora?" I asked and she folded her arms over her chest.

"At my house?" She wondered and I rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, so you're the best friend? I thought she was staying here. Sorry."

"No, she moved. I guess she wanted to keep it a secret from everyone." She laughed bitterly and I raised my eyebrow. Something had clearly happened between them and I couldn't help but wonder if she had fucked her man too. 

"You two had a fallout or something?" I boldly questioned and by the smirk that dressed her lips I knew she didn't seem to mind.

"I wouldn't call it that, but the way you were banging on my door has me guessing that you two did." she observed while simultaneously allowing me in.

"No, I just found out she was fucking my man and I wanted to address it to see what was up?"

"Oh, your man wouldn't happen to be Mr. Young, would it? Or is she out here being a hoe?" she laughed and I scrunched up my eyebrows.