Chapter 8

-Bruce's POV-

I was so proud of my little girl that she had actually managed to hack into a very high tech system and change the mind of a criminal all at the age of 7. She was now sleeping on me though and over matters came to mind like how I was going to protect her from them Shadow things. Everyone else looked deep in thought though as well so I went to find a spare bedroom that she could use.

Just as I was leaving though she called out to me with her little head poking out from above the cover and said, "Daddy I love you." Before going back to sleep again. I walked to the main control room then as I guessed that would be where everyone was.

When I got there I saw all of them looking at the projector screen. On it was one of the creature that had tried to take my little girl from me. They all glanced my way when they heard me enter. We all looked back at the board where Fury was now standing after I had taken my seat.

-Nat POV-

Felicity was now sleeping on Bruce whilst Loki and Thor were having a family reunion. He then walked out with Felicity. After I had processed all my thoughts about what had just happened I followed everyone to the main control room. In there was a projector which had been set up and was showing a picture of one of those things. Bruce walked in a minute later as we watched him sit down and look at what was on the screen Fury walked up.

He said, "This creatures know as Shadows have been developing things to take over the world. The little girl you have was the only child taken and used. She was subjected to torture there and it was most likely that she developed her powers as a self defence. You can only see them once you know about them and like to hurt people. We believe that they are trying to get the comeback because she managed to escape at such a young age and that they would like to know that they cannot be outsmarted and that they like torturing her as it causes them delight." I knew that I had a shocked look on my face once he had said that. Fury then said, "We need her memories to know what they are capable of.

We all looked at Tony as he had managed to create a device that shows memories. Bruce went to find Feli and came back a little while later with her. She glanced at all of us and said, "I don't want all of you here. Can some of you please leave." Thor, Clint, Steve and Pepper who had arrived just after Tony left the room.

-Normal POV-

Loki, his brother and a woman left the room and I looked at Tony. He gave me a set of head upon thingies and told me to put them on. I then got told to think about my past and that it would be shown on the screen.

Memory 1-

(I was just learning to walk and talk at the time) "Hurry up!!" screamed one of them whist I moved as fast as I could. When I fell down it look at me with hatred in it's eyes hissing.

Memory 2-

(A bit older than before) 3 of them were watching me and laughed watching how along I am. I silently cried to myself as they all laughed taunting me.

Memory 3-

(When I was 5) I was locked in a room with no one and no light with only myself to talk to new my going crazy by the time they let me out.

After letting me out all I did was talk to myself until sanity finally returned to my body.

Memory 4-

(Just before running away) 5 of them entered the room at once and backed me into a corner, all laughing evily I started hyperventilating as they started to close in on me quicker. In the end I passed out because I couldn't get enough oxygen into my body when they closed in.When I awoke I saw that they had accidentally left the door open. Taking my chances I ran for it.