Valentine's Day <3

A/N: From a whopping total of three votes, the result is... this chapter. Keep in mind that this doesn't abide by the plot nor affect it, and it goes about as if Ivy and the squad lived the same way everyday as they did during Ivy's first week at the castle.

Okay, let's go way into the future. By approximately eight months. Presumably, the story ends with everyone alive and well (but you'll have to read the published version to find out :P), but perhaps instead we have to resurrect some people (I'll leave that up to you to interpret for yourself). We're now jumping ahead in time to February 14... (I know. This chapter is two days late. So sorry about that. Just pretend... ;) )

~ ~ ~

"...so overrated. I mean, really, what more cliche or stupid day would today be to confess your love for someone?" My gaze shifts to the side of my vision, as I glare at a couple making out in the corner in the hallway.

Joanna, beside me, who had followed my gaze, immediately averts her eyes and mutters, "Ohhhkay, lovely."

Emely laughs at our discomfort. "Today is awesome! I dunno what you're talking about, Ivy. Today is the day on which all my lovely ships sail away into the sunset."

"More like the storm," murmurs Charlotte, rolling her eyes towards the ceiling, where we can hear hail pounding down against the roof. "Not exactly the best day to set sail, huh?"

"Ha. This is Emely we're talking about, remember? Better watch your back, Ivy," Alexandria points out, and I bury my face in my hands.

"How many times do I have to remind you that I don't want to be with Lucas to get through that thick skull of yours, Emely?" I exclaim, my voice muffled by my palms.

She shrugs. "Icas is too cute to let it go to waste."

"The ship can't sail without its designated passenger."

"I'll just drag you on then. Lucas will already be there, so I don't have to worry about him."

"Nuh uh you won't. If you're gonna be this way, Emely, I'll just have to hole myself up in my room all day."

"Do what you want. I'll find a way."

"Never." I promptly turn on my heel and start walking the other way. I hope this is the way to my room, or I'll be lost very very soon.

Charlotte, Alexandria and Joanna follow me without a word. I don't see Emely join me.

Don't look back. It'll ruin the moment. Don't. Don't!

I glance back over my shoulder to meet Emely's smirking expression, as she stands right where we left her. She sends a raised eyebrow at something over my shoulder.

Then I collide with something.

Something warm. And hard. Which smells good. And feels suspiciously like a human body.

Crapola!

I return my gaze towards the front, and come face-to-shoulder with a certain someone.

I swear Emely must have summoned the stupid, annoying, oblivious-

"Good morning, Ivy. You should pay more attention to where you're walking."

And just like that, his words wash over me like honey. And now I can't think. Can't- I- think- struggle-

I glance upward, expecting a smirk on Lucas's face, but instead find myself lost in his bright blue eyes, and mesmerized by his lips forming into a small smile upon meeting my gaze.

"He- hello. Um, g- good morning?" I manage to stutter out.

"Happy Valentines day." He grins at my 'deer in headlights' reaction. "I brought flowers-"