Chapter 5

Chapter 5 (Tyler's POV)

Carter had told us the story, and every time I asked him to repeat it I was met with the same unsatisfied feeling after he recounted it.

"Do you mean that he didn't remember you? Or that maybe..." My heart felt heavy with the realization that maybe Troye wasn't kidnapped... Maybe Troye had left and was trying to make a new life for himself...

"Maybe what Tyler?"

Zoe placed her hand on mine, her eyes searching for what I could only guess she found moments later when she looked away.

"He wouldn't have left." I don't know who she was convincing, me, Alfie, the policemen... Maybe even her self... But it didn't matter because Carter shook his head quickly.

"No I don't think he was just trying to pretend to be someone else... He legitimately told me it was nice to meet me... I'm certain he didn't remember who I was, and it's kind of hard to forget me if he knew me for so long..."

Zoe looked at her fingers, and once again the room was thrown forward into an awkward moment of complete silence, this time unbroken by the stranger we had met only moments ago...

In the end fate surprised me when Melanie spoke up.

"What if he has amnesia?"

Now we all looked at her in a kind of shocked surprise.

"It would make sense..." The policeman said. "They would give him a drug that would make him forget things in his past, maybe even his whole past completely... They would only have to do it two or three times a month and could even fill his head with a fake history to make him believe that where he was and what he was doing was normal. It's not a common thing but a couple of the more experienced officers have seen it happen."

Everyone shared a moment of glances and quiet unsure murmuring.

That day we left the police office, and I felt a twinge of hope rise in my chest... Maybe we could find him... Maybe we could bring him back...

They were sending officers and k-9s all around the area that Carter had seen them in, and hopefully they would find him.

Alec

"I don't think so..." I felt Devin's hand latch onto mine and I felt fear pierce through me.

"PLEASE HELP!" It didn't matter how loud I screamed, I knew how far away the town was from us, and just like that I was dragged back to the car by Devin who had a trickle of blood running down his forehead.

"What did I tell you?" He asked quietly. "What did I tell you?!"Now he had screamed at me, his hand smacking me hard across the face.

"You won't speak, you won't look at anyone. You will do everything I tell you and if you don't... You'll wish I had killed you were you stood in that house."

It was a few days later we had gotten situated in our new place, more than three states from where I had stayed for the past two years.

Devin had rented an apartment, and after unpacking the four small boxes we had the apartment was left quite empty.

"Alec... I didn't want to have to do what I did to John... I'm sorry..."

I turned in surprise; it wasn't like Devin to apologize...

But I said nothing, unsure of how he would take the words that I kept thinking...

When am I next?

I did it!! After long deliberation and a few google searches I learned how to post the photo and can I just say!!! IT'S AMAZING!!! ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR MY DARLING sydney_ivashkov_rose! SPECTACULAR!!! <# <#