Chapter 9

Chapter 9 Tyler's POV

I sighed in relief.

"Alfie! Do you think you can watch Melanie today?"

He smiled and nodded as he walked through the door, giving Zoe a quick half hug.

"Of course... Do you mind telling me where you're going?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know, I just thought that today I could take a while off and think."

He nodded, and then went upstairs to no doubt wake the sleeping princess.

"I'll come home around eight o'clock."

Alec's POV

I woke with a start.

This dream had been a confusing one; I tear between sad and happy.

For one moment I had been smiling at a little girl, her eyes bright as she beamed at me, and the next I could hear a man yelling at me, loudly and I could feel my insides trembling as he screamed, then before he could finish his sentence he went silent and I could feel the presence of someone calmer, of someone nicer... I could feel their hands on my shoulders,

"Troye?"

"I have to go." I could hear my own voice trembling.

I woke up with the feeling of dread and happiness washing over me all at once.

My day was destined to be filled with walking, but as I dragged myself off today's bus bench I had an idea.

The police.

They could help me!

I sat up a bit straighter, hoping I could spot someone right away who could tell me where the police station in this town was.

"Excuse me?"

A woman not too far away turned, eyeing me with a suspiciously and pulling her child's cart a bit closer.

"Do you know where the nearest police station is?" I asked, taking a step forward as she seemed to relax with the question.

"Um... I believe its a few blocks away, I know it's on Flokins Road which should be in that general direction." She pointed to her right and peered down the street.

"Thank you." I said trying to smile.

As she nodded back her 'you're welcome' I set off in that direction, hoping that whenever I got to the station I could find someone to help me.

Zoe's POV

After Tyler left Melanie and I sat down and played dolls while Alfie got a snack ready.

"You know what I could use?"Alfie called from the kitchen.

"What's that?"

"A glass of wine!" He called back, humor laced in his voice.

"Well after Tyler comes home you and I can go to my apartment, but for now we're watching Melanie." I lowered my voice as he walked into the room with a plate of cheese and crackers and another with chicken nuggets.

"Here's my problem with these plates," I said pointing to the ones he had in his hands. "We've been eating like a little kid for so long I'm not sure which one is mine, and which one is hers. And truthfully whatever you give me will be about as demeaning as the other."

Alfie gave a low chuckle.

"How do you know these are for you?" He asked, setting them both in front of Melanie.

I gawked at him. "Where's my snack!" I whined.

"I left it on the counter." He answered walking back into the kitchen.

He came out with a small applesauce pouch which he handed to me, patting me on the head.

"Here you go!" He cried using his best condescending voice and sticking the top in my mouth,

"I hate you." I mumbled, taking it from him and slurping down the rest.

Right then a phone rang off in another room and Alfie and I both shared confused looks.

"Tyler? You home?"

No one answered but the phone continued to ring.

"I'll go find it; he must have left it here." I said, picking which direction I believed it was coming from and sprinting to find it.

"Hello?" I had found the phone just as it gave the last ring.

"Hi is this Mr. Tyler Oakley?" The voice from the other side questioned.

"No he's out at the moment, could I take a message to him?"

"Yes please, if you could. Tell him we believe there's been a break in the case."

My stomach grew tight and I breathed in.

"Thank you officer." I heard the line go dead and I sighed.

"Who was that?"

I turned to see Alfie.

"Oh, you know, just the police saying they found a break in the case." I said, waving a hand at him.

"A break in the case?" He smiled at me.

I began nodding feverently.

"Oh my god!"

I jumped into his arms, and I could feel tears sliding down my face.

Tyler's POV

I didn't exactly know where to go, I just wandered around in the car until seven and then began the long journey home.

I wasn't surprised to see Zoe's car in the driveway, but what I was surprised to see was her standing on the porch with Melanie in her arms.

"Tyler!" I could hear her voice through the window.

"What!" I parked the car and ran out, grabbing Melanie and giving her a good look over.

"What's going on!?"

"You have to come with me!"

I felt her arms pull me back to her car, where Alfie was waiting at the wheel.

"What has gotten into you two?"

They both glanced at each other but said nothing, and suddenly I felt as though they had some excellent news that they didn't yet want to share with me.

I'ma do it... I'ma post like a bunch of chapters tonight..

Okay I love you please comment and read and vote and check out my other books.

I Am...

My personal favourite

Unnoticeable Storm

XOXO MWAH Elisabeth