Three Simple Words {USUK}

People say that time heals, but it isn't always true. Heartbreak is a common thing in this world, but the word is used too lightly and too often. Most people have never truly had their hearts broken.
No, a heartbreak not is when you realize that your best friend will never see you as more than that- a good friend.
It's not when he gushes about his girlfriend to you for hours on end.
It's not when they break up and he leans on you just long enough to give you hope, only to find some other girl a few weeks later.
It's not when he finds out you like him during his next break up and looks at you in a way that shatters you- complete and utter disgust.
It's not when he comes back, years later, and gives you a chance. Because you know he doesn't mean any of it, because you know you're just a toy; an experiment. But you can't say no, because you love him so, so much. And he tricks you into believing he genuinely loves you, and you let your guard down, only to find him humping some random slut. On your anniversary.
It's not when he convinces you he can change and you stay.
It's not when that damn American breaks up with you and you continue to have a shaky on and off relationship with him.
It's not when he storms off one rainy night after a rather large argument that you had and dies in a car crash.
No.
It's not that that shatters your heart.
It was every single time he said those three, damned words.
"I love you."
Crack.
"I'm sorry, I love you."
Snap.
"I can change, please, babe! I love you!"
Shatter.
"I swear it was an accident. I do love you."
Crack.
"It'll never happen again. I love you, babe."
Snap.
"Kirkland, I love you, will you marry me?"
Shatter.
Three simple words left you completely broken.
Three simple words ruined your life.
Three simple words stabbed you every single time you heard them.
Three simple words killed Alfred and Arthur Jones forever.