2: What?

Josh's P.O.V.

I walked into the bar, pushing the door open and immediately heard the loud music and many voices. My ex-girlfriend was sitting at the other end of the bar with her typical martini sitting in front of her. She noticed me and motioned for me to come over to her with an excited emotion being displayed on her face. I moaned, unenthusiastic to have to hear her annoying voice again. We've been broken up for about a year now, and she hasn't stopped calling me since. She would call at least once every couple of days, sometimes more. I made my way over to her, pushing through the crowds of people to try and get to Debby. Her red hair seemed to glow in the bright lights from the dance floor and her green dress sparkled.

When I got over to her, I put on a fake smile and tried to bear through talking to her again, as I did a lot of the time from her calling my cell regularly. She started talking about how happy she is without me, and spoke as though she was joking, so I was forced to laugh to make it seem like I was enjoying her story. Later on, I saw a boy looking at me. I caught him and sent him a kind wave to greet him and he returned. He had brown hair that was like chocolate and eyes that matched. He seemed small compared to the other people in the bar, and acted accordingly. He shrunk down in his seat when I looked back at him. Debby snapped my attention back to her by clapping her hands and saying my name over and over again, her voice growing louder with every time. I sighed silently and continued to listen to her stories that I had heard multiple times before.

I walked home from the bar shortly after the other boy did with my hand in the pockets of my black hoodie with white drawstrings and had my hood pulled over my bright red hair. I kept thinking about the brown-haired guy from the bar. I usually liked girls with brown hair. I don't know why, they just seem more appealing to me. But I was straight as a ruler. I couldn't like that guy. I was headed toward Windy Oaks Apartments. I was newly moved there, and had only been there for about two weeks.

I pushed open the single glass door on the exterior to walk into the building that smelled of old people and cats, with a hint of coffee. I walked slowly up the wooden steps that made a sound to make me cringe. I hated the sound of creaky wood. In my mind, it was one of the worst sounds ever. My Nike sneaker stomped on the top step to now make me hear a muffled step that echoed through the empty ground underneath. I walked down the hall towards my room and saw someone I wouldn't expect to. The brown haired guy from the bar. I saw him look over at me and quickly looked away, pretending I didn't notice him at all. I heard him quicken his hand to unlock his door, as if he was nervous or something. My feet moved faster than they did before and I marched toward room 215.

I saw that he was room 207, and was grateful that he wasn't in the room right next to mine. I easily unlocked my door and shut it loudly behind me. With my back against the door that was the colour of newly fallen snow. I breathed out a huge gulp of air after I was holding it in since I saw him. I don't know why I did it, I just did. I guess I just felt uncomfortable around him.

I widened my eyes when the thought came to me. I couldn't. I was straight. At least I was pretty sure I was. My heart was racing ever since my eyes caught sight of him in the hallway. My palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms-wait, no, that's Eminem. Eminem or not, those things were happening to me. I had an idea. But I wasn't exactly sure. I might have been gay. I might have liked him.

___________________________
Oops short chapter. But oh well. 4 reads and two votes in one night! For me, that's awesome. My stories usually get either 1 or 0 reads in total. Thanks so much!
~ukuleletyler